3 Inspirational Songs?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
I thought this would be a banging thread for music fans to share songs that inspired them or helped them through hard times. It doesn't have to be 3 songs. Choose 20 if you think they're worth listing but try to think carefully. Not just any old "nice" song.  Maybe post some of the lyrics with the song and genre, and any comments you'd like to add. I'll start this thread with three.

1. Mr Traumatik - Power Of Manifestation (Prod. Skinzmann)
*Chorus lyrics "If your brain conceives it you can achieve it, No one can stop you except yourself! You just need to believe it and do it and don't expect the help!"
*Comments "I have nothing but love for this man, a facebook friend of mine as well. Support this man!"
*Genre (Hip Hop/Grime)

2. Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
*Comments "This really summed up me and my dad's relationship, the tough love attitude he had which has made me a better man today, even if I hate him for some of the things he's done in the past"
*Genre (Country)

3. Tish Hyman - Subway Art
*1st Verse "Can you spare some change? 'Cause my baby need some diapers, I just got out of jail and nobody wants to hire, My mother just died and I have nowhere to go now, Got hurt on the job, got laid off and I'm broke now I could be robbin' you but I'm tryna sell this candy I need to feed my family, somebody help me"

*Comments- I recommend this song too anyone who's from "The Struggle" one of my favourite songs. I rarely listen to it because of how emotional it is.

*Genre (RnB/Soul)
*Hard Times

I really look forward to seeing some of you recommendations! Nothing but love -Osiris

The Devil's Blood - The Anti-Kosmik Magick
*Psychedelic Hard Rock
*Selim had this way with writing, lyrics and with instrumental work, particularly with guitar layering that was...beautiful. I found the band in their garage days and for the following decade they were my largest inspiration to me as a person. All of their music was the sound of liberation, the definition of Freedom to me, that I had needed to hear. And it carried me, from the worst times, through the best times, up and down for a decade. I remember driving home from work when my ex texted me that he died. I pulled over into the liquor store and bought a bottle of Jim Beam Devil's Cut. On the way back to my car in the parking lot, I remember feeling really bitter, and somewhat angry at the world for taking such a damned talented guitarist and musician.

Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
*Metal
*I've been playing bass guitar....right at almost 14 years now. The artistic mind doesn't fit within conventional society anymore. We're forced, pushed into the underground. There are limited job opens even those with significant college degrees in the U.S. and in some countries music isn't even honored as a taxable job. This song is literally about what it's like to be involved with music. To have that sort of a flare and a passion in you. As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate genres I didn't care for in my ignorant youth and I've come to make a colorful bunch of friends of all types and genres. I have my preferences as anyone does, but I've also been everywhere as well. I've been to hiphop shows, ska shows, punk shows, jazz shows, classical symphonies, operas, and metal shows. But the one part that brings all of us in music together (and I can say this having spoken to many musicians and artists from different genres) is: "Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will." Which is basically one giant fresia You to the planet for more or less making us basically nearly homeless people. I can't possibly describe to you some of the things I've seen and experienced. This community, even though it irritates the living fresia out of me sometimes, music ties people together in a very special and sacred way, and so even though it drives me nuts at times, it is a Family. We DO help each other.

Ludwig Van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
*Classical/Romantic (technically speaking Beethoven was his own genre of time period)
*There was a movie many years ago called Immortal Beloved, that was about Beethoven's life.  While obviously not entirely accurate, it is however an amazing film. Beethoven's music is something I've been obsessed with probably since I was 9 or 10 years old. Moonlight Sonata, in particular, is however my favorite of his pieces. In it's full length (around fifteen minutes) all three sections of the sonata will take you through a flurry of thoughts in which where you began, will be vastly different than where you end up. Have fun trying to trace back to the original thought you had at the beginning of the piece. My music professor in my college years made this joke about it rather profoundly. "Beethoven is probably the most well known composer there is. However he wrote less than a third or a forth of the pieces that Mozart wrote before him in time past. But yet if you go up to someone even in a foreign country where you don't speak the language and you spend the time trying to get out the noun of Ludwig Van Beethoven, if you can find a translator to say "That one deaf guy" they will instantaneously know who you're talking about, even if they don't know who you're talking about by name." Random Trivia: If you've ever noticed, a Compact Disc (CD) is 74 minutes or longer in length. But why is it not 60 minutes in length? The designer of it was married to a woman who was a cancer patient. Beethoven's 9th Symphony (which he composed while totally deaf, and was also the first symphony to have vocal accompaniment for Ode To Joy in full choir) was over an hour length. And so he designed the CD to be long enough to be able to fit all of Beethoven's 9th Symphony in full length onto a single disc for his dying wife. And that is why CDs are longer than an hour.

Anything by The Unguided, really.

Some extra good examples:

"All questions I had left unanswered
Do good things ever come to those that wait
Or do they just wait forever?"

"All I know is that you don't
brawl your demons and defeat them
No, you fight them…
You fight them every single day
For the rest of your life
You live and breathe them
My time is coming