worried 'bout employer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So, I had an interview yesterday morning. They said they'll call me to say whether they will go forward with my application and stuff. They did, I have to do a drug test. Lady said the HR person, human resource person. You know the one that hires people and stuff will email me instructions on where to do my drug test. 

Fast forward today. I haven't received a call. I called the lady and she told me that she will tell the HR person about it...No email yet. This blows. What is going on???? I would like to go forward and get the job but what is even happening? :-/ I've read reviews from a site about the company and it seems not good. I really want to start working already :(
Maybe they don't want to forward because 4th of july is coming up? :-/ Maybe i should just look for another job.

TheRealCallie said:
Did they say it would be done this week?  I recommend trying to be patient.  You might not get the email until next week.

To be frank,  I'm bad at communicating in general especially through the phone but they did say sometime they will call me. :-/ Agh, the patience is poking me like a lil kid. Yea, hopefully I'll get the email next week.

No email yet? If the reviews are bad, maybe look for another job? (I know I'm late, as usual X) )

171999 said:
So, I had an interview yesterday morning. They said they'll call me to say whether they will go forward with my application and stuff. They did, I have to do a drug test. Lady said the HR person, human resource person. You know the one that hires people and stuff will email me instructions on where to do my drug test. 

Fast forward today. I haven't received a call. I called the lady and she told me that she will tell the HR person about it...No email yet. This blows. What is going on???? I would like to go forward and get the job but what is even happening? :-/ I've read reviews from a site about the company and it seems not good. I really want to start working already :(
Maybe they don't want to forward because 4th of july is coming up? :-/ Maybe i should just look for another job.

While waiting this call you should alredy be searching another job, there is no garancy that you will be called / emailed. In fact the best thing to do is never stop untill you are employed for sure :D

I don't know how it looks in your area, but where I live it's generally a good idea to spam your application to every place you'd be potentially interested in. I mean, what's the harm? If they'll phone you and you're already employed then just say that you'll sorry, but it's simply not relevant anymore.
It certainly looks like they're either not interested in you or have a more desirable candidate they'd like to interview first and they'll phone you if that doesn't work, it's harsh, but not uncommon. It doesn't help that a lot of employers are pricks, plain and simple.
I personally had a situation some years ago where I've released a couple of CV's into the wild. After a bunch of interviews most of them were like "we'll call you back, honest" and never did, some didn't respond at all and one was interested and actually employed me. After about a year, I get a call from an unknown number, turns out it was one of the guys who didn't initially respond and he's like "we're interested, when can you start?". Lemme tell you - there was no end to the laughs I had that day.

Screw 'em and look somewhere else would be my advice.

Latest posts

Back