Where on the internet can I talk to girls?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
There are girls everywhere, so you can talk to girls everywhere.

Whatever you do, do NOT stalk ppl's social media pages!  Especially with a 'false' identity saying you are an orthopedic surgeon, Prince Harry or whatever....(seriously, I've gotten tons of ppl on Twitter like this.....)  I'm sick of the unsolicited mail from people who are obviously fake.

I do suggest eventually getting the gumption to go and actually talk to real women, preferably in public. Be mindful though and don't just solicit some stranger you feel may not have anything in common with you. Been there too with that one. Was approached at a Taco Bell about a month ago by a dude that obviously didn't get after the 'starter' conversation we really had nothing in common. You don't want to go thru the pain of rejection....I know it makes it hard, but it's even harder to get the courage after you've been rejected. So, use some common sense =) And if you don't succeed, try try again.

Maybe in the meantime, just practice general convo here with both males and females and moving up when you feel more comfortable =) Sorry I had a bit of ADD there and say you said 'internet'....baby steps are fine I get it.

Avalon1 said:
Where I can just talk to them, no dating sites. I don't really know where to find them on the internet.

I suggest website communities that are based around one or more interests you have. Forums, like this, but specifically for topics you're interested in. Spend some time there, make some posts, message and get to know people and become a member of the community. Some interests are going to have more women than others, though, and some might not have very many at all. I found a handful of girls I liked from a common interest forum once, though unfortunately my social skills and other things weren't up to par at the time. I really wish they had been, because I haven't met anyone like that since, not even close. But anyway yeah I'd say common interest sites are good because you already know you have something to talk about. I've seen real-life connections happen from meeting people online, so I do believe it can work if you know what you're doing.

mattsmom said:
Be mindful though and don't just solicit some stranger you feel may not have anything in common with you. Been there too with that one. Was approached at a Taco Bell about a month ago by a dude that obviously didn't get after the 'starter' conversation we really had nothing in common.

Maybe in the meantime, just practice general convo here with both males and females and moving up when you feel more comfortable =) Sorry I had a bit of ADD there and say you said 'internet'....baby steps are fine I get it.

Unfortunately, even if you have stuff in common or genuinely find the person interesting, you can still find ways to screw it up because the more I think about it the more I feel that talking to women and making the right impression is a skill in and of itself - especially with people who are good and they know it. There are certain things that you have to do, and certain things that you just can't do.

I definitely recommend for anyone to get one's conversation skills up to standards before trying to talk to anyone you like, so you don't blow it with someone that you could have hit it off with if you actually knew what you were doing instead of randomly trying to talk and messing up because you're doing it wrong. I really hate it when screwups happen, which were preventable.

What are girls interested in? They are a complete mystery to me since I never got over my shyness in my teen years so I never talked to any girls, I'm over my shyness now since I'm grown up though.

Avalon1 said:
What are girls interested in? They are a complete mystery to me since I never got over my shyness in my teen years so I never talked to any girls, I'm over my shyness now since I'm grown up though.

That's your problem mate, no two women are the same. Think about something you like (Music genre, geeky tv show, Movies etc.) and find a forum on that subject. Make yourself known on the site, then girls who also love whatever thing you're into will contact you!

But I do think you need to meet people in real life. I've met some amazing women online in the past, and you have no idea, when they're scared and upset how honeysuckle it is not to be able to just give them a hug...

If you want to date, then dating sites. Don't solicit people on places that aren't for dating.

Forums are good for general conversation and getting perspectives from different walks of life. Sometimes people develop close friendships or relationships naturally. There are plenty of female posters, just not as visible as women on a dating site.

Any online forum/discussion platform would have women members, but like everyone else has said, you just have to pick the ones that match your interests/gives you something to talk about.

Perhaps you can start by doing a search for forums/online communities that focus on your interests, and go from there.

Good luck!

Avalon1 said:
Where I can just talk to them, no dating sites. I don't really know where to find them on the internet.

You already found a number of them in this thread.

Latest posts

Back