Shy When Flirting..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
Well today was both exciting and agony for me. My sister has two friends visiting and one of them I fancy like anything. Usually that would be the end of the story...but the one I like started flirting with me and to be honest I froze.

I mean she's beautiful, the type of girl that can't stop to look in a mirror without people checking her out. And my friend was trying his best to hit on her...but it was me she seemed to like..and god did I feel awkward. This continued all night, the highlight being she said to me in her beautiful Spanish accent "You need a Spanish girlfriend, I've had an English boyfriend before" and all I could wimper out was an "Oh definitely"... it's times like this I hate myself. She's beautiful, and she basically started hitting on me...and that's all I could come out with..

So I basically was hoping to get some advice...or sympathy! One or the other! I feel like such a loser after things like this, but if I know she likes me I might try hitting on her myself.

Please any advice or experiences are appreciated!

I don't really know what I'd do either. I don't really know how to flirt at all. I don't even know where to start. The last time someone flirted with me was almost two years ago now, and of course, it wasn't anyone I was crazy about anyway. I just wish for once I'd actually be good enough, cool enough, whatever for someone I actually want for a change. I just wish I had your luck.

I don't know why people always have to put such an emphasis on flirting. Why not just talk to here like a normal human being and let the rest just come naturally. Just don't say anything perverted or sexual, it usually doesn't go over very well.

Firstly, yay! It's always nice to get hit on :)

As for how things should progress, I'm with Sci Fi. Just be normal with her, friendly banter, if she begins flirting, then you can also...just go with the flow of things?

Good luck!

From a girl's point of view, what you said was cute.

The thing you need to do is to act interested in her as well. Don't ignore advances, at least just smile at her flirting. If you don't act interested in her, she will give up.

I lost potential relationships in the past by not acting interested.

Nicolelt said:
From a girl's point of view, what you said was cute.

The thing you need to do is to act interested in her as well. Don't ignore advances, at least just smile at her flirting. If you don't act interested in her, she will give up.

I lost potential relationships in the past by not acting interested.

Thanks, that did make me feel a little better. I'll be seeing her again tomorrow, so if anyone has any tips...please! :rolleyes:

If she has a Spanish accent then she may be Hispanic. If she actually is, I will just say that some Hispanic women are not anything like Caucasian women. Hispanic women are sometimes more challenging than White women (I speak from experience). Just know that. Que tengan un buen día, gente.

SolitudeAeturnus said:
If she has a Spanish accent then she may be Hispanic. If she actually is, I will just say that some Hispanic women are not anything like Caucasian women. Hispanic women are sometimes more challenging than White women (I speak from experience). Just know that. Que tengan un buen día, gente.

lol, what?  It doesn't matter what race she is, it matters what kind of person she is and what kind of attitude she has.  Race has nothing to do with it.   :rolleyes:

SolitudeAeturnus said:

I live in Spain, she's "Hispanic" alright lol! Luckily for me I don't speak Spanish yet, and she only speaks a little English. I'm still learning so I can play on that a little bit. Otherwise I'd have to worry about the honeysuckle I usually come out with haha

TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

lol, what?  It doesn't matter what race she is, it matters what kind of person she is and what kind of attitude she has.  Race has nothing to do with it.   :rolleyes:

I just knew that someone was going to say that (predictable). Yes, I have always believed that too but there is still no denying that there are some minor differences between all races. I stand by my view. Sorry to make your lil' eyes roll :3

Osiris said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

I live in Spain, she's "Hispanic" alright lol! Luckily for me I don't speak Spanish yet, and she only speaks a little English. I'm still learning so I can play on that a little bit. Otherwise I'd have to worry about the honeysuckle I usually come out with haha

I didn't know were you lived at first, so I thought of the possibility that you may be from the United States (where there are a lot of non-European Hispanic people i.e Mexicans, Cubans, etc). Don't have any other advice for you other than try to be "real" and just follow your heart (as "cliche" as that may sound). And if this person is truly interested in you as a potential partner, don't take advantage of her by playing around with her!

SolitudeAeturnus said:
TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

I just knew that someone was going to say that (predictable). Yes, I have always believed that too but there is still no denying that there are some minor differences between all races. I stand by my view. Sorry to make your lil' eyes roll :3
Why, because sometimes people do reflect stereotypes forced on their race?  Guess what...sometimes people of OTHER races reflect stereotypes of a race other than their own. 
As I said, it depends on the PERSON, not the race.

TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:
TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

Why, because sometimes people do reflect stereotypes forced on their race?  Guess what...sometimes people of OTHER races reflect stereotypes of a race other than their own. 
As I said, it depends on the PERSON, not the race.

Sigh. Once again. As I previously said, I also believe that it mostly depends on the person rather than generalizations, but SOME individuals are also SOMETIMES influenced by the culture that they grow up in. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have other things to do than to be arguing back and forth with strangers on the internet. Adios.

SolitudeAeturnus said:
TheRealCallie said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

Osiris said:
SolitudeAeturnus said:

I didn't know were you lived at first, so I thought of the possibility that you may be from the United States (where there are a lot of non-European Hispanic people i.e Mexicans, Cubans, etc). Don't have any other advice for you other than try to be "real" and just follow your heart (as "cliche" as that may sound). And if this person is truly interested in you as a potential partner, don't take advantage of her by playing around with her!

Oh she's not interested in me as a "potential partner".... she's only in town for two weeks... ;)

Now can I get some advice?

TheRealCallie said:
You already got the best advice here is.  Stop trying to flirt and just be real, just talk to them.  We are no different than you are, really.

Thanks, but what about advice on how to speed things up....she leaves in two weeks but seems interested.

TheRealCallie said:
Osiris said:
TheRealCallie said:
You already got the best advice here is.  Stop trying to flirt and just be real, just talk to them.  We are no different than you are, really.

Thanks, but what about advice on how to speed things up....she leaves in two weeks but seems interested.

Have you asked her out?

No...but we are going too something together tomorrow. Then again wednesday I think, so seeing her isn't a problem. I just need help progressing from awkward light flirting to something a bit more direct.

TheRealCallie said:
Out of curiosity, why are you going after her if she's leaving in two weeks?  Wouldn't it make more sense to go after someone who isn't leaving?

Do I really have to answer that question? :p :rolleyes:  Well I will, because this girl is so beautiful frankly I just want to...yeah actually I won't answer that.

So if you have any advice on ways to be a bit more direct, without being sleazy, that would be appreciated!

P.S. She's a LOT more dirty talking than me, getting a drink I got a pint where everyone seems to get halfs in Spain. When I walked back up to her she gave me a look and said "Size matters". Talk about trying not to get flustered, I'm starting to think she enjoys making me feel awkward haha.

So you just want to fresia her? I don't see the problem with saying that. As far as how to accomplish that, you need to be alone in an intimate setting. How about suggesting a movie? Not in a theater, in a private setting. Make some popcorn, get some blankets and see where it goes.

But, you might have to consider that not everyone has sex with people right after they meet them, especially when they are visiting your sister.

Latest posts

Back