Crush's birthday advice?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
First of all, I'm 20.. I hate the word crush but I couldn't think of a better way to put it..

*Disclaimer, You might as well skip the first paragraph, it's basically me just saying how amazing she is..

So, I've been hanging around this absolutely beautiful girl. I couldn't think of a better woman for me (Shame she lives miles away and we don't speak the same language. She speaks to me in broken English and I try my goddamn best with my Spanish lol) she's the most beautiful woman by miles out of her friends and yet she isn't flashy or arrogant. All her friends went running over to a sports car the other day, me and her were the only ones stood watching. When I asked her why she wasn't getting in the picture, her reply made me like her even more "I mean it's a beautiful car yes, but it's just a car. It doesn't mean anything to me" as a buddhist I'm trying not to fall in love at that point lol.

Now onto the advice! I've been invited to a little surprise birthday party for her. Forgetting all the normal stresses that naturally come up (What do I wear, do I shave etc.) I don't want to be engulfed by everyone and have her forget I'm there. I'm already planning to ask her out for more drinks after everyone else starts going because it's only a small party for her, will probably end around 11pm. But I'm thinking of ways to make a strong impression. She doesn't really drink so I can't just go buy her a nice bottle of wine I'll have to be creative.

Please any advice on how to stand out..but still be me would be great. Thank you!

That sounds great! I'd say... if you know anything she likes, give something half or completely inspired by that. You could also give something based on an internal joke or something you've both experienced.

As for how to stand out... I dunno, a tip might be to try to take the situation seriously - dress as if it wasn't unimportant, but don't go full out UN meeting XD
(Geesh, I'm bad at this.)

Anyway, good luck! ^_^

My advice is that you're trying too **** hard. Let things happen as they happen, you're trying to control the situation way too much, which will usually end up backfiring on you.

I hope this works out. I like your enthusiasm. I probably would just get a really small gift if anything.

I must say though you should prepare to be disappointed. That way if things dont go well it wont sting so much. Things rarely play out in reality the way they do in our head.

Were you the same one looking at other peoples partners?

If so, my advice is, make sure she thinks the same way about "stealing" partners before getting together with her.

Meaw said:
Were you the same one looking at other peoples partners?

If so, my advice is, make sure she thinks the same way about "stealing" partners before getting together with her.

Yes that was me...and a relationship with her is nigh on impossible because of where she lives and the language barrier.

I think you misunderstood my original thread of bro code or no code. I wasn't saying it's okay to steal a friend's girl, I was saying it's okay to hit on them and see how they react. If they tell you to fresia off, your friend's got himself a keeper. If she starts flirting back and offers to stay the night....all i was saying is you would probably be doing him a favour in the long run.

Latest posts

Back