You guys ever emeulate Wii?

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GizmonicScrewdriver

The Wii Emulator Dolphin works beautiful!  (Disclaimer: You must own the games to play them on the Dolphin system.)

I was using my 360 USB controller to play New Super Mario and even programmed it to tilt and shake, it's actually pretty **** simple to program.

Not pinball tilt, don't do that, don't beat the crap out of your PC. Unless it's a Dell or a HP.

That actually does sound pretty good, though it's not my cup of tea, at all.

I had a blast with the emulators a few years back; finally had a chance to replay some PSX and Neo-Geo games I liked so much, (and I was pretty **** disappointed with how awful N64 emus were at the time) but nowadays I'm all about them PC games.

Still, decent emulators are always good news.

PC Games are just crap now. I bought a monthly ticket to Origin and SUPRISE! To the games no one plays anymore. Log on and at 4pm no one was playing Star Wars: Battlefront. Like nobody. :(

Ouch.

But yeah, I will not dispute this claim. Gaming industry in general was already going downhill since quite some time. It doesn't help that a lot of gaming morons are fueling the PC/Console war, like it could benefit anyone other than the giant corporations. AAA is literally dogshit tier and Beta Testing/Quality Control apparently stopped existing at some point in history (and not just in gaming ...), I wonder when we'll finally see a repeat of 1983. Oh, wait, beta testing is still here, except they don't pay you; YOU pay them for the privilege of playing buggy, unfinished crap.

Battlefront was such a good game, what a shame :( especially compared to what they did with II ...

That kickstarter honeysuckle needs to stop, it was a noble idea and now it's been driven head first into the ground by broken promises and broken games. There was a game recently (Friday the 13th) where where I was fed up laughing at it and left a comment " in the meantime why not give your promised kickstarters a standup cardboard cutout of what your going to give them after the rush is over? Oh wait, they did that already...".

Kickstarter and Patreon both ... it's Scam-City at this point. Wasteland 2 - over 3 million budget and it looked and worked about as well as baby's 1st college project; Torment: Numenara ... and what the fresia did they do to Baldur's Gate? Social Justice Warriors? REALLY?!

Patreon is particulary fun for me to watch. Dunno if you're familiar with a game called "Breeding Season", probably not as it's ... well, let's say "adult" entertainment. Only bringing this one up, cause it was probably the biggest scam so far. It was backed mostly by furry community (and let's be honest - anyone who wants to fresia a duck probably deserves what's coming to 'em), had HUGE monthly income (we're talking 5 figures a month) and surprise - not only was it never finished and scrapped, before they DID scrap the project they rewrote it ... 3 times I think? Same content in a new, equally poor engine. Just milking morons month after month, as long as they possibly could ...

It'd be the most depressing thing I've ever seen, if it didn't make me laugh so hard, lol

Familiar? I watch every single one of these at my desk like a hawk, claws ready...lol...

...little too melodramatic? Possibly...Hehe I watch the gaming industry constantly. Sterling, Total Biscuit, etc. My head isn't in the sand.
Well I'm sure we will see an upturn in quality after the Mass Effect fallout. You can't sell cake at a wedding that's filled with the cremated remains of the parents and say "we tried to have them here" and call it a day.
That's actually my quote just now. You can use that. That's not too bad. Not too good, but hey, neither was Mass Effect 4.

Arghh! You fool! The grand trilogy (about the ilussion of choice (kinda like ALL Telltale games)) of Commander Shepard is over! It's Mass Effect: Andromeda, completely new story (about real life politics and feminism destroying what little ... averageness ... was still existing within the gaming industry)!

I don't like Sterling too much, but I'd be damned if I didn't admit that some of his exploits and videos made me roll on the floor, laughing histerically (like that whole lawsuit thingy ... lol). TotalBiscuit is probably the most admirable of those online reviewers, one of the last few content creators focused on protecting the consumers.

I hope you're right with the whole quality upturn ... but considering how many apologists we've around, the future might not be all that bright. God, when was the last time I could say that the game/movie is just poorly made, with little to no redeeming qualities, without every "counter argument" being possible to sum up as "you just hate women/blacks/greens"? Long ago, that's for sure.

As for the quote: good one :D I like it.

Glad you approve good sir! :D Good taste I suspect!

But, I must say Sterling said the most simple yet hilarious thing once that had me hooked. It was about the Digital Homicide unnamed zombie crap steam game, something to the effect of (don't ******* come at me and blame me because you made "Baby's First Video Game!")

I could not stop laughing to the point of puking for about 10 minutes.

Ahhhh It's the simple things in life.

Hahaha, it was the same for me. Slaughtering Grounds was the first video of his I've actually watched, and even though I didn't enjoy some of his other reviews quite as much, whenever I saw him reviewing yet another asset flip from Digital Homicide I just had to watch it.
Well, that and Trail of Ibn Battuta were some of the most entertaining videos I've seen on all of youtube.

We're not even talking about Wii anymore, but I don't care, it's too fun to stop now :D

Haha LOL Yeah,
do you have a horsepower PC?

And yes the PC chat is fun, but the Wii chat is real cool when I can show you the stuff, it's just awesome.

EDIT: No I'm not going to give you a link to anything, so I'm not a bot. Just so you guys know.

I bet it is :) Wii was bashed a lot, but it certainly wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It certainly had some games totally worth playing. (I just hate platform exclusives, sorry, but I'm not going to buy a whole system to play a couple of titles)

Naaah, my PC's about average. It plays most stuff on highest/high details, but there are already games and things that it cannot handle on such settings. Since we're payed in poor-mansbucks, but have to pay western prices AND basically every single computer part has to be imported, building a good PC is faaar too expensive to consider. And we're not even the poorest former eastern bloc country; I'd hate to be in their shoes.

What about yours? Is a quadruple titan-x fueled war machine?

Let's say we skipped a months rent and had to slowly pay it back to management for this PC HAHA.

Oh,
here's what to to, look up Dolphin emulator download, run a disc into an ISO, you might just run fine, remember it was a shitty GameCube. :D

Sounds great indeed :D

Is Dolphin similar to other emulators in that it requires a .bios file and what not? Funny how finding games is usually the least problematic part of all this, lol.
Also, I wonder if it's a matter of optimization, but it's kinda ridiculous what hardware you need to run some low-spec console emulator stuff. Still, my old PC couldn't run PS2 emu all that well, but this one handles it just fine, so I ought to give it a try some other time.

And all that effort just to play some Mario games ... worth it! :D

No bios needed. Just run and go.
But please, own the games, god, so many 13 year old screaming fat kids yelled at me one day on Discord for telling them about it but I wouldn't give them games.
I could hear one kid smash his entire room. Yeah...please don't.

Oh, that's no no problem, I only own legal software, totally ... yeah, I mean, who would ever pirate a game? Ehehe ... ehehehe ...
But yeah, that legal disclaimer is always a nice thing to remember, good developers should be supported, not cheated out of their pay.

Entitled 13yo sure sound like delightful human beings :)

I approve of this emulator being much more hassle free, that's certainly commendable. I might actually convince to cousin to split the price 50/50 with me and buy a Wii together; we do enjoy couch co-op and hotseat games.

Latest posts

Back