Hi everyone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Turtle

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm in my early 20s and I live in Hong Kong.

I've suffered social anxiety my entire life and became even more withdrawn after graduation. I knew there's no way I could survive in a society where connections and networking dominate one's professional life, so I took it to the extreme, became a freelance translator and am now working alone.

Even posting on a forum anonymously is kind of nerve-wracking to me. Still, I am happy I found this forum. Please bear with my English though, as it isn't my mother tongue!  :rolleyes:

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome Miss T :)
We are all from different country with different languages , so cool ! Don't worry :)
See you sround !

Hey, nice to meet you!
Your English is lovely, welcome to the forums!

pinocio said:
Welcome Miss T :)
We are all from different country with different languages , so cool ! Don't worry :)
See you sround !

Nice to meet you, Pinocio. :)
Thank you for letting me know, it's a huge relief to learn that I'm not alone in this! Phew!

dead said:
Hey, nice to meet you!
Your English is lovely, welcome to the forums!

Nice to meet you, dead.
Thanks for the assurance and warm welcome! :D

X-1 Alpha said:
Hello there!
Good to have you around. I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)

Also, Hong Kong? I feel jealous of all that Chinese food!

Hi Alpha, thanks for your reply!

When it comes to food, we have a bit of everything from the west and the east. People from mainland China would probably think of our Chinese cuisine as not authentic enough, but I guess that's also part of the city's signatures. Thanks for liking our food! :D

Greetings Miss Turtle.  I'm an old Hong Konger myself, from the colonial time.  I lived in Kowloon Tong for 9 years, went to Kowloon Junior School and KGV until third form.  My family were USA expats.  We left 50 years ago but it's still the only place I think of as my home town.....it's in my blood.
I'm glad you're here and I hope you find what you're looking for.
:cool:

constant stranger said:
Greetings Miss Turtle.  I'm an old Hong Konger myself, from the colonial time.  I lived in Kowloon Tong for 9 years, went to Kowloon Junior School and KGV until third form.  My family were USA expats.  We left 50 years ago but it's still the only place I think of as my home town.....it's in my blood.
I'm glad you're here and I hope you find what you're looking for.
:cool:

Hi, constant stranger! I'm thrilled to come across someone who's in Hong Kong! The city's changed a lot in the past few decades,  both in good ways and in bad ways. I'm jealous of you having lived in a Hong Kong that's not over-crowded!

I've heard that KGV is a massive school of 1000+ students. It must have been fun studying alongside so many schoolmates. :D I've went to City University in Kowloon Tong for my bachelor degree. Although the MTR station and nearby shopping mall are always flooded with people, it's still a lovely district in my opinion. :)

Do come back and visit your home town every now and then!

Welcome, Miss Turtle! ^_^ I hope you'll have a good stay around here :)

Miss Turtle said:
Hi, everyone! I'm in my early 20s and I live in Hong Kong.

I've suffered social anxiety my entire life and became even more withdrawn after graduation. I knew there's no way I could survive in a society where connections and networking dominate one's professional life, so I took it to the extreme, became a freelance translator and am now working alone.

Even posting on a forum anonymously is kind of nerve-wracking to me. Still, I am happy I found this forum. Please bear with my English though, as it isn't my mother tongue!  :rolleyes:

Nice to meet you all!

Hello! Welcome to their madhouse. (Help, leave while you can..they....

Latest posts

Back