An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miasma said:
Hello, I'm 19 and I'm pretty overwhelmed with this site. Hopefully I can make friends here.

no need to be overwhelmed. im more than 3 times your age btw

Hi there Folks 

I hope I don’t sound totally pathetic but I was divorced about 15 years ago after 25 years of what I thought was a very happy marriage
  Over past few years I thought I was coping ok,  initially after a few years of shear headache

But I now realise my life is so empty and lonely, it would be great to meet new friends to maybe just talk with no expectations
An old Fart

Michael

34 year old male from US. I don't have any real life friends or acquaintances. Thought I would check out this website.

Hyzenthlay said:
34 year old male from US. I don't have any real life friends or acquaintances. Thought I would check out this website.

Hey! Same!

You're here for a reason. What's up? What's on your mind? Feel free to PM me if you'd like. The fact that we're the same age, we have that going already lol.

bjarne said:
This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:
  • your location
  • sex
  • birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

I will repeat though:
This was just a suggestions and an encouragement, you are NOT forced to fill in your profile data.

Appreciated!

I'm almost 60. I seldom use an internet connection and I'm in Venezuela.

I think I'm talkative, I write Too little on a new site and I have a serious relationship with my PC: She's the one I "talk" alone before I prepare my breakfeast. 😉

I'll be 30 on November 5th. I'm female, an NHS General Practitioner and live probably more closer to Seaford than Newhaven itself. I've lived here all my life, and in the same house that my parents bought over 30 years ago. Tragically they were killed in a road accident in fog last spring, and it's been very difficult for my daughter because I also had a very serious car accident which could have killed me, save for the many airbags.

I like the atmosphere in the forums, but above all, feel safe because the forum staff are working hard to maintain this feeling.

Thank you guys. All of you! :)

Rosie007 said:
I'll be 30 on November 5th. I'm female, an NHS General Practitioner and live probably more closer to Seaford than Newhaven itself. I've lived here all my life, and in the same house that my parents bought over 30 years ago. Tragically they were killed in a road accident in fog last spring, and it's been very difficult for my daughter because I also had a very serious car accident which could have killed me, save for the many airbags.

I like the atmosphere in the forums, but above all, feel safe because the forum staff are working hard to maintain this feeling.

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through a similar experience. Thank goodness you're alive. Hope you're feeling much better now and that you've managed to get past the trauma for the most part.

Take care and see you around the forum!

ladyforsaken said:
Rosie007 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss and that you had to go through a similar experience. Thank goodness you're alive. Hope you're feeling much better now and that you've managed to get past the trauma for the most part.

Take care and see you around the forum!

Thank you very much for being so empathic and understanding. Oh yes, I have overcome a lot of nastiness about my attractiveness, dealt with it by taking on unarmed combat and proved to the doubters that intelligence comes with beauty, and I am very highly qualified not only as a GP, but also as a Paediatrician. It's been a long haul, but worth it.

An encouragement...

Do not use badoo or those sites to be lured away!

They lie so bad that, when I registered in badoo few days back, the site said One person checked my profile and wanted to chat (a thing I obviously disbelieved) and then I logged in to check and noticed she's been away from that site for 2 days...

How come she visited my profile to talk?

I rather walk any street or the subway. If you are liked or feel alone, there are too many who feel alone owning a big company of hipocrisy.

29, male, INTP, and surprisingly lonely living in the fourth most populated city, Houston. The few friends I've made all replaced me except one or two, and they live far away. People in Houston are obnoxious and I've never fit in anywhere. Typically, I just work my shifts then go home. I've a proclivity for staying inside and gaming seeing how I don't mix well with society. I don't use social media anymore and refuse to use it.

I've always had that feeling of never belonging anywhere. If I do go out, then it's just for cosplaying at conventions a few times every year. Recently, I've had to convince myself to start college to study computer programming. I'm not sure how I'll do, but it's not like I have any better ideas in my life. Overall, 99% of the time I'm usually alone unless I'm bothered by people wanting me for a favor or money. I'm too weird for the South, and hopefully I can move someday.

Terra448 said:
29, male, INTP, and surprisingly lonely living in the fourth most populated city, Houston. The few friends I've made all replaced me except one or two, and they live far away. People in Houston are obnoxious and I've never fit in anywhere. Typically, I just work my shifts then go home. I've a proclivity for staying inside and gaming seeing how I don't mix well with society. I don't use social media anymore and refuse to use it.

I've always had that feeling of never belonging anywhere. If I do go out, then it's just for cosplaying at conventions a few times every year. Recently, I've had to convince myself to start college to study computer programming. I'm not sure how I'll do, but it's not like I have any better ideas in my life. Overall, 99% of the time I'm usually alone unless I'm bothered by people wanting me for a favor or money. I'm too weird for the South, and hopefully I can move someday.

That almost felt that someone was describing me. :O 
I live in a very conservative part of the world, and i feel very out of place here. Sometimes i wonder why i don't conform to the society in which i have lived all my life and most likely will live the rest of my life. 
My life has mostly been gaming sprinkled with some movies and anime... 
My attempts at making friends IRL have all failed... :<

sriguhan

The worst part is knowing that you can't move or be around like-minded people. So you are forced to stay inside, or be around people who never understand you.

Terra448 said:
sriguhan

The worst part is knowing that you can't move or be around like-minded people. So you are forced to stay inside, or be around people who never understand you.

We are stuck in this undesirable microcosm with no means to escape it..
I've tried reaching out so many times, only to be dragged back in..

My favorite part is when people say that I'm obviously not from here. Nope. I'm a native Texan and lived here all my life. Then they don't know what to think. lol

People here don't recognize me as one of their own, haha.
I actually like it this way.. I'm glad they do not truly accept me.
I shouldn't be here; then again, I don't know where I belong...

Latest posts

Back