Best Horror sequels? (Good reception or not.)

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GizmonicScrewdriver

I can start with JAWS 2 and Child's Play 2.

The skiing scene in JAWS 2 among other things, people just hate that film because it's not an epic. In fact it's been called that first "teen slasher film". So people crap all over it. I jump all over my couch at the end, yes it's a rehash of the first ending but ****.

Child's Play 2, great work on the film, yes the garbage pail kid explosion, was just crap at the end, but it was just great direction wise with cinematography.
Look at the scene from the dirt hole point of view as Chucky is holding the shovel with the wind blowing and it's just done incredible for doing basically a puppet show.

Anyone else?

NOT the Thing prequel, sadly.

Honestly, most sequels to horror movies suck donkey balls.

I'd have to say, if we include "spiritual sequel", that I very much liked Dead Snow as an Evil Dead tribute.

Richard_39 said:

I'd have to say, if we include "spiritual sequel", that I very much liked Dead Snow as an Evil Dead tribute.

Dead Snow was a good job for the budget. I liked it

GizmonicScrewdriver said:
Richard_39 said:

Ahyup ;-)
I'll have to admit, though, that I'm horribly out of touch with current movies.
I hear they were planning on yet again remaking a sequel to A nightmare on Elm Street. This is not my favorite time period for movies. I miss the mid 90's to mid 2000's.
Can you recommend some good ones? Recent ones?

Richard_39 said:
Richard_39 said:

Ahyup ;-)
I'll have to admit, though, that I'm horribly out of touch with current movies.
I hear they were planning on yet again remaking a sequel to A nightmare on Elm Street. This is not my favorite time period for movies. I miss the mid 90's to mid 2000's.
Can you recommend some good ones? Recent ones?
Sequels....JAWS 3!!!! The only shark film you got to see a guy being eaten from INSIDE!  Yes I love JAWS, and they have their faults but 3 was kinda cool
"Overman was killed inside the park, the baby was caught inside the park, the mother is INSIDE...THE... PARK!!!!!"

Hellbound: Hellraiser II. It increased the surrealism and mood of the original. I'll also pick the second and fourth Halloween films (the rest really vary in terms of quality, though). And even though I disliked the beginning, Alien 3 is far better than most fans give it credit for.

reynard_muldrake said:
Hellbound: Hellraiser II. It increased the surrealism and mood of the original. I'll also pick the second and fourth Halloween films (the rest really vary in terms of quality, though). And even though I disliked the beginning, Alien 3 is far better than most fans give it credit for.

Hellraiser 2, yes, good flic.
Halloween 2 is very underrated, i mean, it's like 2 minutes after the first film and doesn't miss a beat.
Alien 3 is SUCH an underrated film because, "Oh WAH!!! THERE going to go back to the claustrophobic and scare stuff, and no little kid and all that bullshit".

reynard_muldrake said:

Hellraiser 2, yes, good flic.
Halloween 2 is very underrated, i mean, it's like 2 minutes after the first film and doesn't miss a beat.
Alien 3 is SUCH an underrated film because, "Oh WAH!!! THERE going to go back to the claustrophobic and scare stuff, and no little kid and all that bullshit".

I didn't miss Newt at all in Alien 3. I would've liked if Michael Biehn's character survived, though. He was supposed to come back for Neil Blomkamp's Alien movie, but it seems that project's been put to rest now. Ah well.

In Alien 3, the prayer scene was ******* brilliant. Screw Michael Biehn, I liked the Bishop cameo, that was enough from the last film. Perfect.

Bride of Frankenstein (1935) is one of my favorites. It’s not scary, but the monster is awesome.

Latest posts

Back