No more guest viewing.

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GizmonicScrewdriver

There all creepers. I can guarantee. There is right now 2 members and 257 guests, that's scary.

Because we know what that's about. Lot's of creeps.
I don't feel comfortable posting, if 300 ppl can't just read and not be know.

Can they read this?

Not all of those are actually people. And those that are actually people could be members who don't want to log in or banned people who just want to keep up to date on what's going on. Or they could be people who want to join but haven't worked up the courage to do so yet. Quite a few of our members lurked before joining.

If you don't want the public reading your posts, you'll have to post in the diary section.

I'd like to think that a lot of those are people with various forms of social anxiety or feel embarrassed/silly at the concept of opening up here. And as Callie said, eventually summon up the courage to sign up or login (I was one of those people at some point). Reading something that you can highly relate to can be a huge motivator. We'd expect a very large decline in new members if we decided to make it unreadable by guests.

As Callie said, they are not all people. I looked through a few of them and was mainly seeing search engine bots and spam bots. It would be safe to say that a minority of them are actually people. Guests can see the same thing that you see when you are logged out.

A website I frequent has almost nobody left yet we've got 50 or so guests at all time. You can bet the vast majority, if not all of them, are web bots and not actual people.

Hate to res this back up but.

You ever think an unstable person might be reading posts,
cherry picking which they want to talk to,
then registering to start a conversation with and who knows after that?

I assume people jerk off on the misery of others and wet their keyboards.

It's a big world out there and people are very bonkers sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised in one lonely shack out there in South Central America, a lone 87 year old blind seer is preparing a sacrifice to his computer screen with fig leaves and live squirrel....

Richard_39 said:
I assume people jerk off on the misery of others and wet their keyboards.

It's a big world out there and people are very bonkers sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised in one lonely shack out there in South Central America, a lone 87 year old blind seer is preparing a sacrifice to his computer screen with fig leaves and live squirrel....

HAHA oh my god, that's classic. At least where getting somewhere. :D

If you want a view into the psyche of people, I'd suggest you type in youtube a particular search. I forget the exact title of the video, but it's something along the lines of "Why Donald Trump is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and will save us from the Apocalypse"....
I'm personally not a fan of the guy, but I have nothing against those who are. Yet there's a line between thinking an elected official is doing a good job and thinking he's the reborn Messiah...that's a bit cuckoo ;-)

Or you know, all the Niburu stuff. Or the Hollow Earth stuff. I also seem to recall in the local papers a man who was fined for trying to marry his pig.

There's a lot of people out there. If there are some low enough to try and prey on lonely or depressed people by asking to send them money, Zeus knows what else they can try and do.

Latest posts

Back