Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dead

Reaction score
Just a little sketch. 
Anyone familiar with the Russian tale of a house on chicken legs? 
It belonged to a witch who lives in it, but for some reason, I was wondering what would happen if it were left to fend for itself, feral, for a long time... 

0d2c587f4db86ff3c8935435575078ec.png

dead said:
Just a little sketch. 
It belonged to a witch who lives in it, but for some reason, I was wondering what would happen if it were left to fend for itself, feral, for a long time...

I'm not familiar with it, but I'll have to get acquainted. Did you draw this? That's beautiful :)

Richard_39 said:
dead said:
Just a little sketch. 

I'm not familiar with it, but I'll have to get acquainted. Did you draw this? That's beautiful :)

Thank you Richard! 
There is this witch in Russian folklore, who appears in a few tales, Baba Yaga, who flies around in a mortar, using a pestle, and lives in a house on chicken legs. The house itself is kind-of sentient, a little, if i remember correctly, and i kept sketching it, all alone, fending for itself. ::p I have a soft spot for not-exactly-monster-type characters, hehe.

dead said:
Just a little sketch. 

0d2c587f4db86ff3c8935435575078ec.png

I love that brushed look. Just dont make me talk about art until I start again. *cry*

That looks great dead, I like the color in it.

Yeah Baba Yaga, I know that because you had to fight her in the new tomb raider game.

Yup i also know baba yaga from killing her in ragnarok online back in the day. =p Also i think spirited away was inspired by that story.

I really like the way the light comes through the trees to show the kids and the side of the house. The details with the shadows of the leaves on the house too. Its really cool the way you did that.

GizmonicScrewdriver said:
I love that brushed look. Just dont make me talk about art until I start again. *cry*

Thanks, Gizmonic! 
*quietly asks nothing about what kind of art you did.*

evanescencefan912 said:
That looks great dead, I like the color in it.

Yeah Baba Yaga, I know that because you had to fight her in the new tomb raider game.

Thank you so much! ::)
Yeah, she's quite popular with game creators, being a. russian, therefore evil, and b. actually evil, hehe %)

kamya said:
Yup i also know baba yaga from killing her in ragnarok online back in the day. =p Also i think spirited away was inspired by that story.

I really like the way the light comes through the trees to show the kids and the side of the house. The details with the shadows of the leaves on the house too. Its really cool the way you did that.

Thank you so much, kamya! And yeah, I think it was :)

Awesome art as always. Never heard of that story. After reading your thoughts behind your picture all I could think about was "oh no those poor little kids".

Sci-Fi said:
Awesome art as always.  Never heard of that story.  After reading your thoughts behind your picture all I could think about was "oh no those poor little kids".

Hahahaha :) I actually worry more about the house thing, to be honest! He looks so terrified :)
Who knows how this would go :p

It's funny reading this here. I know the tale because once I ended up on this vid ( ), and after watching it, I researched a bit.
Also awesome "sketch" :)

Wayfarer said:
It's funny reading this here. I know the tale because once I ended up on this vid ( ), and after watching it, I researched a bit.
Also awesome "sketch" :)

Hey Wayfarer! 
Thank you so much! 
And that's a nice video, thank you for sharing!

Latest posts

Back