How to deal with loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinaa

Reaction score
I'm pretty shy to talk about this bcase I kind of feel ashamed a bit but here it is. I'm having a hard time dealing with a breakup, it has been 3 weeks now, he was not only my bf but my best friend ever, I talked to him about everything and anything everyday, he helped me a lot knowing that Im living some bad times this year. He gave me the strength, love, care , even it got to some points when I was facing a problem once I hear his voice i feel so much better. All this is gone now, I feel soo lonely, hurt, I miss him so much, I feel emptiness. Tried to meet ppl, have some close new friends but with him, it was special, he was one of the few ppl in my life that were ready to listen to all what I have to say, without judging , and he did that with love . I wanna move on , how can I do it ?

It will take time to get over the pain from the breakup, but don't give up in finding a connection with someone else. Whether that is from a friend or something more is up to you. Nothing happens in an instant and it hasn't been that long, so give yourself some time and keep trying. Just remember, though, that a best friend doesn't happen overnight, that too, takes time. Keep trying.

TheRealCallie said:
It will take time to get over the pain from the breakup, but don't give up in finding a connection with someone else. Whether that is from a friend or something more is up to you.  Nothing happens in an instant and it hasn't been that long, so give yourself some time and keep trying.  Just remember, though, that a best friend doesn't happen overnight, that too, takes time.  Keep trying.
You are right! Thank you for the support😊

JI have a couple of friends that went through the same situation of yours. Also my brother was litterally devastated from the broke up.

I think that a reason because a person suffer too much after a broke up is bacause usually this person gives to much meaning to the story. The partner become everything. Of course the consequences are disruptive.

But I think that this could be a fertile soil to grow up! You can find a better balance. Maybe starting with yourself and not with others. Looking for a passion, a job, a sport, chocolate icecream, a new netflix series...

Hey Dinaa. I read your thread where you talk about your breakup, and I can understand how important that relationship was to you. More so, I think you made the right decision, when you broke up. Long tem, it was doing more harm than good. Now you just have to do some waiting, until the ultimate healer - time - has a chance to do his job. So - like others have already said, try and fill the waiting period with something fun, something useful, or both. If you have any friends you trust, lean on them for support, even if you maybe aren't used to sharing feelings with them. Try new hobbies, a new show. Just try to keep busy, and keep one foot in front of the other. Eventually, it too, will just become history - and you will find new paths.

I'm going through the exact same thing unfortunately. I was broken up with a month ago and while I'm here suffering he's happy because he got back together with an ex. I'm reeling and find myself crying at the drop of a hat. Only time will heal this wound but in the meantime I'm keeping myself as busy as I can, accepting any invitation to go out with my friends, basically trying to stay with people to keep myself distracted. Working out is also a great stress reliever. I also tried dating other guys right away but I don't think that's a good idea. I keep comparing them to him and find them lacking, so I'm taking a break from that. Hang in there and if you need to talk some more about it send me a private message. Good luck!

hppnssseeker said:
I'm going through the exact same thing unfortunately. I was broken up with a month ago and while I'm here suffering he's happy because he got back together with an ex. I'm reeling and find myself crying at the drop of a hat. Only time will heal this wound but in the meantime I'm keeping myself as busy as I can, accepting any invitation to go out with my friends, basically trying to stay with people to keep myself distracted. Working out is also a great stress reliever. I also tried dating other guys right away but I don't think that's a good idea. I keep comparing them to him and find them lacking, so I'm taking a break from that. Hang in there and if you need to talk some more about it send me a private message. Good luck!

Thank you
It is just I find it hard to really get along with the guys I meet, it's very rare to find someobe compatible , with this guy, it was in another level, in the beginning it seemed like I found the one, he was like me in everything. Days went by and in the end, it was a toxic relationship, I couldn't go through it all , even if we were so close and loved each other, I was only hurt  , no happiness, nothing. Now, I feel empty , i want to find that love like written in the books , but I feel like I don't want to go through relationships anymore, I'm tired of being disappointed,  tired of getting hurt and needing ages to heal and when I think I found happiness it all goes away and then ages to heal again .

Dinaa said:
i want to find that love like written in the books

That's why they're books. Over the years I have doubts myself that that kind of thing actually exist. Or is a lot rarer than people seem to believe. Maybe it isn't even natural, that we know of.
I would think it takes an equal measure of trust, faith in someone else, self-confidence and a little bit of idiocity or naivety to have that kind of love. In that perfect mixture, between two people.
I always figured the best way I would ever feel was being 90 years old walking hand in hand with a girl I met in grade school. 30 years latter, well....
I think we all need to settle for less eventually. That's life for ya.

Richard_39 said:
Dinaa said:
i want to find that love like written in the books

That's why they're books. Over the years I have doubts myself that that kind of thing actually exist. Or is a lot rarer than people seem to believe. Maybe it isn't even natural, that we know of.
I would think it takes an equal measure of trust, faith in someone else, self-confidence and a little bit of idiocity or naivety to have that kind of love. In that perfect mixture, between two people.
I always figured the best way I would ever feel was being 90 years old walking hand in hand with a girl I met in grade school. 30 years latter, well....
I think we all need to settle for less eventually. That's life for ya
It's rare I guess, there are many ppl around me who kind of live that love or bayberry that how it seems but you can see that spark that love that happiness that passion in their eyes, their faces are shinny. For me I'm starting to think I rather be alone for all my life, it's practically impossible to find that one , I'm just tired of all these ppl that hurt you hundred times.  Maybe in the end love is there only for some ... 

Latest posts

Back