Hi from a new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrientalCzar

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just joined two days ago, or yesterday. Can't remember for sure :p.

I'm 25 years old and had a pretty rough time since I was a teenager. From around 13 to 15 I was bullied really badly at school, so at 15 I quite school though I had great grades. Then I let my parents know thorough a suicide prevention agency about my situation (my family is really distant). They took me to a psychiatrist who put me on medication saying I was bipolar. I took those meds until I d I met my therapist. He worked with me and we later found that I had been misdiagnosed & I had no mental illness whatsoever; It was the bullying.

So now at 25, I've completed high-school, started a degree in English Lit. (distance learning) and tapered off all the meds. I've met some people and made a few friends in my life, but I don't have a deep emotional connection with most of them. And of course, very few know about my troubled past.

So, if anyone's interested in speaking with me, please PM. I'd actually like guys/girls in my age around (20 - 26/26), but even if you don't fall into that, still get in touch. I'm pretty sensitive, can listen for a long time. Oh and I'm a guy.

I write fiction, read and watch theater in my free time.

Thank you

Hey, welcome to the forums! Hope you'll find some awesome people to talk to here!

Welcome, I hope you'll have a good time here ^_^ (Yes, I'm late XD )

Hey and welcome to ALL!

I can relate your story in a few ways, I also quit school just before my 15th, spend 10 years in depression at home avoiding people before starting work at age 24, since then I managed to get a diploma and a job I actually like.

You say you have some friends but don't feel like you connect with them, you need to realise that everyone has things about their past they keep from others, be it because of shame or fear of ridicule, you should take a long look at what kind of people these friends are, and maybe figure out if telling them about your troubled past would be an option, if anything this would form a connection.

Latest posts

Back