Any skaters?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tide

Reaction score
Haven't found a thread about it yet so I thought I'd ask, I skateboard myself when the weather isn't trying to kill me via roasting or slippery pavements. I'm not even that good but the constant learning and developing that comes with skating keeps me going some days.

Ooo and another UK skater to boot o: I'd love to find somewhere like the places you go in your videos but it's pretty empty of that down here, if it's any good it's taken up, I've only found one single spot no one else even seems to do, if it can even be considered a spot. Might try making a video or at least take photos of it sometime

The thing with street skating, most skaters get the approach to it all wrong, they go out looking for a stair set, or looking for a ledge, or a rail, or a manny pad etc, and it has to be a certain way. It really becomes a limiting factor, sure they get great at skating those things, but theres no out of the box thinking from them.
Look at skaters like richie jackson, daewon song, chris haslam, or that japanese guy - gou miyagi. These people dont go out looking for typical stuff to work on typical tricks, they go out and look at everything and ask themselves what they can make happen. And now we have richie jackson bertsliding whilst holding onto a wet floor sign, daewons skating off boulders and trees. People like joe moore are mixing freestyle type tricks into unusual obstacles.
Point is, no matter where you are there are places to skate.

Latest posts

Back