Animal Shelter

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
When they say helping others makes you feel better, it really works. I can say, helping out the people that help out the homeless pets, is even better.

A few weeks ago my local animal shelter posted on facebook that they were in desperate need for food bowls. I wanted to help but, A) I was leaving for my vacation, and B) my depression just wasn't letting me out of the house. 

I got back from my vacation, and was really antsy, I just wanted to talk to people, I guess. Yesterday I remembered that the animal shelter needed bowls. So, I went to Dollar Tree (a store where they basically get stuff other stores can't sell and sell it for a dollar), and I bought $20 worth of their pet food bowls. I picked out the best quality ones, and ones that matched the size of some of the newer animals they had posted on their facebook page.

I went to the cash register with my 20 different kinds of pet food bowls, and the lady behind me made the comment, "That's a lot of puppies." and I replied with that I was actually taking them right to the shelter. And this lady, pulled out a $5 bill, handed it too me and said, "Let me help pay for some of that." So cool.

So that was a good feeling, but the better feeling was when I went to the shelter. They were SOOOOO thankful. Lots of people bring dog treats and things like that, but there are some things that are just not as fun to donate per se like bowls. They were so excited, and it just made me feel great to just get out of the house and do some good. I been happier from this "giving high" I have the past two days.

Next time I am down, and feel the need to shop, I think instead of buying useless junk I don't need, I am going to shop for the shelter.

Latest posts

Back