Learning about compassion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APorter910

Reaction score
Compassion is about understanding how others perceive the world and how they think, feel and exist, and allowing them to do so, and supporting any decision, action, thought, or feeling. Too many people exist in this world who cannot grasp the concept of compassion, and feel that others should bend and submit to their own "superior" beliefs. 

There are so many awful things that keep happening in the world, it's surprising that more of us don't revert in on ourselves, like a tortoise retreating back into its shell.

We can't bury our heads in the sand and we have to be the positive influence and example for future generations to follow. I have been riddling myself with the question of how I can teach the young children in my life about compassion. As somebody who struggles with social interactions and takes the small victories from making progress in my everyday life, I didn't think that I was qualified or even deserved to deliver this information or life lesson if you would.

...But then again, as somebody who struggled with bullying as a child, who has struggled to integrate into society, maybe it's my DUTY to share my wisdom, or at the very least, my thoughts and feelings on the matter. 

Teaching people about compassion, whether its your own child, whether you have decided to foster a child, or whether you are in that child's life in any way, it's important to make sure that you impart the wisdom that judgement and imposing belief on another is a person's way of putting somebody else into a box, restricting them from being free and being who they want to be. 

The world is too full of people who have been raised to believe that their own view of life, their own sense of self, and their own beliefs are above others. This sense of self is poisonous, we should never put other people in a box, but should rather coincide with them and allow them to exist freely.

Compassion is an example to set, as well as a lesson to teach, so try smiling at people in the street, helping those in need, and equally as importantly, accepting everybody around you for who they want to be.

Yeah! Spare the rusted bucket of bolts' feelings, a bit, will ya?

He didn't ask to exist, he was just programmed to do so, it's NOT HIS FAULT!

Hey, SPammie! Reply already, I'm trying to defend you here, pal, get off your rusty metallic butt, you overweight glob of grease!

;-)

Latest posts

Back