A group of friends :D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unix

Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm creating this thread after some thinking about what is wrong with my life. Seeing all these threads where people try to find a friend or just someone to talk with made me realize that we are trying to isolate ourselves even here, on a forum which should help us to overcome this feeling so i thought it will be great to create something like this.

Everyone is welcomed to introduce himself and to write something daily, how his/her days is going, link a song while actually being interessed in what others have done and said here. I'm counting on creating a group of friends who are trying to improve and being positive in life, tsupporting other members of the crew if they are having a bad time or actually cheering with them. 

Anyone in? :D

Actual members :
Unix

I guess i need to make the first move. So, today i lost the last bus available so i had to walk for 90m to get home...at least i discovered a new song

directly from super 8 :D

Unix said:
Hello guys, i'm creating this thread after some thinking about what is wrong with my life. Seeing all these threads where people try to find a friend or just someone to talk with made me realize that we are trying to isolate ourselves even here, on a forum which should help us to overcome this feeling so i thought it will be great to create something like this.

Everyone is welcomed to introduce himself and to write something daily, how his/her days is going, link a song while actually being interessed in what others have done and said here. I'm counting on creating a group of friends who are trying to improve and being positive in life, tsupporting other members of the crew if they are having a bad time or actually cheering with them. 

Actual members :
Unix

I guess i need to make the first move. So, today i lost the last bus available so i had to walk for 90m to get home...at least i discovered a new song

I guess i can use this as a private diary...lol! 
Today was a boring day, at least i quit facebook for good

Today was not a good day for me ,i got injured three times in my elbow.and the other thing is someone fought with me too.

pinocio said:
Today was not a good day for me ,i got injured three times in my elbow.and the other thing is  someone fought with me too.

3 times in one day? I was immagining you like a sweet little girl, now you are telling me that you fight on a regular basis :O What is happened?

Unix said:
Unix said:

Actual members :
Unix

I quit facebook recently but then I came back on to a few people know how to contact me outside of it. Hopefully I will get off for good next time.

Unix said:
pinocio said:
Today was not a good day for me ,i got injured three times in my elbow.and the other thing is  someone fought with me too.

3 times in one day? I was immagining you like a sweet little girl, now you are telling me that you fight on a regular basis :O What is happened?

Oh !i it's window of my room.just a small fight with close one.
lol

I believe it's a good idea. How do I join?

I am somewhat lonely and need companionship.

Harker said:
I believe it's a good idea. How do I join?

I am somewhat lonely and need companionship.

You are alredy in! just write something, if you had a bad day feel free to write it, if others are having a bad day ask them why, i'm trying to create something like a group of friends, but there is very little adherence :D

wallflower79 said:
Unix said:
Unix said:

Actual members :
Unix

I quit facebook recently but then I came back on to a few people know how to contact me outside of it. Hopefully I will get off for good next time.

Maybe you should try to quit it temporaly, for example like for a week. Once a week you log in and write / read messages and other stuff

pinocio said:
Oh !i it's window of my room.just a small fight with close one.
lol

****, now i'm really scared to touch the windows in my house :O

So, as for me i bought a set of resistance bands, the biggest one weights 2kg :O  Also i went to the cinema seeing this 
apes-1_1.jpg

I really liked it a lot, a great ending to this awesome trilogy. Have you seen it? If you don't i recommend you to watch the first two films, definetly some of the best blockbusters of these years

So I saw a psychiatrist today, just for meds. It was a good session, I guess. He could see that I was a real mental case, so I guess that's good. And then I found out a bill that was sent to me is going to be waived because they sent it too late, so I guess that that's good as well. Slowly climbing out of the hole that I am in.

wallflower79 said:
So I saw a psychiatrist today, just for meds. It was a good session, I guess. He could see that I was a real mental case, so I guess that's good. And then I found out a bill that was sent to me is going to be waived because they sent it too late, so I guess that that's good as well. Slowly climbing out of the hole that I am in.

Did you find it usefull? i have the feeling that often i know already what i need to do to improve my life, but the real problem is actually doing what you know :(

Unix said:
wallflower79 said:

Did you find it usefull? i have the feeling that often i know already what i need to do to improve my life, but the real problem is actually doing what you know :(

I think it was useful, but again, I mostly did it for the meds. I honestly wouldn't invest this much into psych help, but my family is convinced I will fall apart if I don't, along with taking the meds. So I do. If you've got the money to spare and the resolve to change your habits, I would, but then again, like you said, they don't usually tell you things you don't already know.

I am also thinking about visiting a psychiatrist just for the sake of the meds but i do realise i'll have to explain how my situation came to be and that's the tough part.

I recently "quit" (deactivated) my Facebook too...this is the 2nd time in ten years...first time was about 3 1/2 yrs ago..."friends"convinced me to come back a year ago...but imo, it had only gotten worse. I don't think it's for everybody...I know it isn't for me, for various reasons. Just curious, if anyone cares to share...why did you quit Facebook?

ftm0014 said:
I recently "quit" (deactivated) my Facebook too...this is the 2nd time in ten years...first time was about 3 1/2 yrs ago..."friends"convinced me to come back a year ago...but imo, it had only gotten worse. I don't think it's for everybody...I know it isn't for me, for various reasons. Just curious, if anyone cares to share...why did you quit Facebook?

I deleted mine before I left for college. I'm about to start my sophomore year now. I did it because I was so ready to leave high school behind. Also, I realized that none of the people on my friends list were my friends. Like the people whose activities and daily lives I actually care about, they have my number.

I got brave and posted something on another forum that I knew was going to be disagreed with by the majority.  I'm such a wus and hate being frowned on but this time it was something I feel strongly about so posted anyway.
Waiting now for the flack and if I follow my usual pattern that will be me out of there.
Does anyone else retreat into isolation rather than face confrontation?

Oh by the way, nice idea for a thread, you're right we do tend to remain isolated even here on ALL

ftm0014 said:

I deactivate mine because I have started mostly only using it for rants and it tends to make me feel more isolated than I would otherwise. It just makes me realize how much nobody cares about me or my problems.

Jently said:
I got brave and posted something on another forum that I knew was going to be disagreed with by the majority.  I'm such a wus and hate being frowned on but this time it was something I feel strongly about so posted anyway.
Waiting now for the flack and if I follow my usual pattern that will be me out of there.
Does anyone else retreat into isolation rather than face confrontation?

Oh by the way, nice idea for a thread, you're right we do tend to remain isolated even here on ALL

It depends on how you define "confrontation". Confrontation is not necessarily bad or negative...it's all about tact...and EFFECTIVE communication. Calling out others when it comes to responsibility or standing your ground on your values and beliefs should be expected...THAT is healthy behavior and interactions. Engaging in overly aggressive, cruel, or highly dysfunctional behavior or banter in an attempt to get your point across, get your own way, or to try to "make others see" is fruitless, draining, and counter-productive imo. I will most definitely bolt from that. There is nothing effective or productive that ever comes from it. Life will always bring some sort of "confrontation" though...due to people...so it is not always best to run from it. The key is to choose your battles wisely I think.

I've been using friendship apps to make new friends. so far i have met three women but non have become friends. they seem to stop messaging me. I'm not actually friendless, i have a friend or two but i don't really meet them often (met them twice this year). these friendship apps are just as hard as dating ones if not harder.

Latest posts

Back