I'm learning how to play the guitar!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
it's pretty addictive just wish my fingers weren't hurting so much. using this app call guitar tuna and also learning to play intro to the otherside by rhcp. it's been about a week now. cool cool.

Nice man. Keep it up!

I got one to start learning last year and right when i started my hands had some issues not allowing me to play. Life moved on and I havnt been able to get back to it yet.

Good luck with your learning. :)

do your fretting fingers share a tendon? that used to be my excuse for putting off playing the guitar. but i got to get good at something so i chose to just do it.

Idol Minos said:
do your fretting fingers share a tendon? that used to be my excuse for putting off playing the guitar. but i got to get good at something so i chose to just do it.

I have gout and had an attack in my index finger so i wasnt able to use my hand properly for a while after that.

I got rocksmith to be my teacher =p

Lol, I tried learning the guitar before.
Not only does my fingers hurt, but the music keep going out of tune too. ****, guitar, ****. I guess guitar just isn't my instrument. My instrument is piano.

Idol Minos said:
it's pretty addictive just wish my fingers weren't hurting so much. using this app call guitar tuna and also learning to play intro to the otherside by rhcp. it's been about a week now. cool cool.

The more you play, the tougher your fingers will get.

Good easy bands to learn songs from include:
 nirvana - about a girl, come as you are
 white stripes - seven nation army, the hardest button to button.
 pink floyd - wish you were here, comfortably numb
 mr big - to be with you.
 Oasis - wonderwall, supersonic.
 James blunt - pick any song, most of his stuff is fairly simple.

Nice! I am also trying to pick it up but yes, fingers are hurting like mad! Good luck Idol!

That's cool, keep it up. I've had a ton of false starts with guitar, fearing that I have insufficient to zero natural talent for it or that I missed the critical period to learn music so I'm wasting my time. But I'm getting more consistent lately. I love the feeling on guitar where I find that I can do something that I wrote off as impossible for me before. I'm starting to learn some Oasis songs, myself. Maybe eventually I'll progress to Pink Floyd. Ultimately, I want to be able to create something original.

Been playing over a decade. Currently loving the Allman Brothers and learning a bit of their stuff. I even bought a Gibson SG, tuned it to Open E and have been learning slide guitar on it because of Duane Allman and Derek Trucks. Have to say that in terms of non-slide playing, Duane's bending technique is really hard to nail. Probably going to take me a while to really get there but great stuff all the same.

I have a lot of admiration for people like you who learn an instrument. When I was a kid, my dad taught himself. My sister followed suit, only she did guitar, saxophone, flute and piano lol.
I could never learn. I have a very musical ear but no talent for a musical instrument, not to mention the patience. It takes dedication to be good.
I do, however, have a very decent singing voice. Used to practice, too. Now I smoke and I'm totally out of practice, so it probably sounds like someone torturing a cat lol.
But keep it up man, it's awesome to have someone discover himself a talent!

Paraiyar said:
Been playing over a decade. Currently loving the Allman Brothers and learning a bit of their stuff. I even bought a Gibson SG, tuned it to Open E and have been learning slide guitar on it because of Duane Allman and Derek Trucks. Have to say that in terms of non-slide playing, Duane's bending technique is really hard to nail. Probably going to take me a while to really get there but great stuff all the same.

slide guitar is so much fun, used to be able to play led zeppelins bron-y-aur-stomp a while back, but I'm on a new acoustic with heavier strings and I dont fancy messing with tunings on it - paranoid about damaging it haha :club:

zibafu said:
Paraiyar said:

slide guitar is so much fun, used to be able to play led zeppelins bron-y-aur-stomp a while back, but I'm on a new acoustic with heavier strings and I dont fancy messing with tunings on it - paranoid about damaging it haha :club:

I was worried about that with my Martin but I put it into Open E with .12s and didn't have any issue. Probably better not to do it if you're really worried about it though.

Whatever you do, avoid gibson guitars. I heard from a friend who worked in their warehouse they are going to file fir bankruptcy in the next 2-3 years. So if you get yet another shitty guitar from them, your messed. Trust I owned 5 of them and nothing but bad experiences.

!. Get a Fender Strat

2. Lessons are crap. No legend in music ever took lessons.

3. DO NOT take anyone's advice. But see above.

honeysuckle
When I said never take anyone's advice, I meant Guitar store hippies. Not the replies.

Sorry to everyone above.
I am just making friends all over the place today.

Latest posts

Back