No Money, No Honey..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
Warning! This will probably turn out to be a soppy, cheesy post full of self loathing and regret. Enjoy! lol

Where do I even start? I think I'll start by saying I was mugged a few days ago and now I have no money and no phone! I'd say that's a good start! Considering this means I can't get a girls number at the moment (or can but can't do anything with it) and not to mention where I live has a lot of rich people. And I just came home from having an old school kenan and kel orange soda lol. I couldn't afford anything else, and if I spend all my money (€7 left) I won't even be able to sit and order a coke in future...oh and I just lost my job so I have no idea what to do now. But that's another story, except it really is affecting my confidence.

Today, the mugging was running through my mind and I decided I had to get out the house or I'd never stop thinking about it. Walking down the pier at first I started to sort of see the funny side, "Oh, that's an amazing boat. I'll quickly take a picture oh no I can't I had my phone nicked. Wow that's a beautiful girl, Is she looking at me? Oh wait, doesn't matter I can't even buy her a drink." This went on for a while in my head, and it did actually make me smile. I finally saw the funny side.

But...as the night got on and all the single people were leaving as the bars closed. I became so miserable, couples having romantic walks. Eating takeaways and cuddling up together and then there's mr no job, no phone, here trying to imagine what that's even like. Walking home more people holding hands, people on mopeds and bikes cuddling up to eachother. I've never felt like this before. I've just moved here and I'm so lonely, I have no friends to help me meet people. I couldn't feel any worse than I do right now.

The thing is, I know I'm literally a bad choice. You get people with cars, nice clothes, boats, 6 pack. EVERYTHING. How can I compete? I may be a really caring man, but what girls notice that from across the street? No girls shout out "Oi Oi, Nice personality" lol! The absolute worst part for me is that there is a girl that I think might like me, but I can't even afford to go see her where she works and ask for her number! I say I think she likes me but she might not. She just paid me more attention when I was sat with some tourists trying to hit on her. Well...she did do this little look and hair flick when I said I lived here and was looking for a girlfriend. Even the people I was sat with saw it and gave me a look like "go on, do something" but I'd had a little too much to drink and I thought "I'll be able to come and see her again tomorrow when I've sobered up and ask her properly" So I left, went round the corner and within about 5 minutes I was getting mugged! Erghhh!!!

So now I feel awful, I bet she's forgotten all about our conversation by now and I'll just be another customer. I would've probably been regretting not getting her number had I not been mugged. Beautiful girl, gets hit on everyday. I think that's why they hired her, she spends most the time outside luring people inside lol. I think that's why she might like me, I haven't hit on her...much...yet. And I think she likes me being quite quiet compared to the blokes she's used too around there.

God this thread has gone all over the place haha! Anyway, if you have any advice on getting girls with no money. Or you're a girl who has some tips, please comment below!

Thanks for reading! Sorry it was so long, lots on my mind. Being at rock bottom does that...

Money, money, money.

So many people are materialistic.

I never understood this. But I don't understand this world anyway, I am at odds with the world, actually a rebel.

Why not just spend pleasant time together with each other instead of looking for "things" (which money would mean).

Romantic in me speaks here.

As for getting mugged, I can't really comment, because I have avoided being getting mugged. Probably because I avoid "dark places" or don't stay there long, and really look after the most valuable things I have, keep them close to me.

I agree with SilentLife. Why exactly do you have to BUY her something. Why can't you just TALK to whatever girl is so devastatingly hot that you just can't resist planning your entire future in second that you see her?

And um, you CAN get her number, you just can't put it in your phone. You could always explain to her what happened.

As for the mugging, have you talked to your dad about it or are you just keeping it all bottled up thinking that will make you more macho or something?

Whenever I go on dates, it's a 50/50 split. If a girl looks at me with surprise on her face because she expected me to pay for it, I already know at that second that me and her are not going to click.

As for tricks with no money, well, you can do whatever you want. I find there's nothing like a romantic walk in a part. All you need is a pair of legs (two if you bring her along) and a few choice words.
If there's interest in you from someone and it's genuine, speaking out of experience, the size of your bank account doesn't matter. It's the size of your heart (or pacemaker) that counts.

Richard_39 said:
Whenever I go on dates, it's a 50/50 split. If a girl looks at me with surprise on her face because she expected me to pay for it, I already know at that second that me and her are not going to click.

As for tricks with no money, well, you can do whatever you want. I find there's nothing like a romantic walk in a part. All you need is a pair of legs (two if you bring her along) and a few choice words.
If there's interest in you from someone and it's genuine, speaking out of experience, the size of your bank account doesn't matter. It's the size of your heart (or pacemaker) that counts.

Haha mate, this might be a cultural thing. But if I said to a Spanish girl, "let's split the bill"...they'd probably split my lip! lol It's old fashioned here at times, it has it's ups and downs. Men are still expected to pay for everything but women still do all the cleaning at home. Also that's not my style, I'd rather impress the girl and live on scraps for the week! Anyway once she finds out I've lost my job she'll probably lose interest anyway. And considering I got mugged on the beach behind where she works I wouldn't LET her go for a walk on the beach with me. It's dodgy as! But It is an idea, maybe in the day before she starts work. To be honest I never thought about saying "let's go for a walk" I just don't think she'd like it. But there's no harm in trying, she seems quite a special girl you know? She gets hit on everyday and not once have I seen her give anyone more than a hug. But she does seem like a partyer so that's why I hate not having any money, I just want to be able to buy her a few drinks.

Anyway, thanks for the advice mate!

Osiris said:
Haha mate, this might be a cultural thing. But if I said to a Spanish girl, "let's split the bill"...they'd probably split my lip! lol It's old fashioned here at times, it has it's ups and downs. Men are still expected to pay for everything but women still do all the cleaning at home. Also that's not my style, I'd rather impress the girl and live on scraps for the week! Anyway once she finds out I've lost my job she'll probably lose interest anyway. And considering I got mugged on the beach behind where she works I wouldn't LET her go for a walk on the beach with me. It's dodgy as! But It is an idea, maybe in the day before she starts work. To be honest I never thought about saying "let's go for a walk" I just don't think she'd like it. But there's no harm in trying, she seems quite a special girl you know? She gets hit on everyday and not once have I seen her give anyone more than a hug. But she does seem like a partyer so that's why I hate not having any money, I just want to be able to buy her a few drinks.

Anyway, thanks for the advice mate!

LOL You say that like I've never met or dated Spanish girls ;-)
If she splits your lip, you split hers right back, sorry, but voilà. "cultural thing" is the stuff people hide behind when they don't want to do something and again, that would just be one more reason for me not to go out with that person. She would be warned in advance and I would not change it if she threw a fit. I just wouldn't see her again.

Also...it's just a date. You're not planning a wedding ceremony yet, so you don't need yet to go all out with the "I lost my job, got mugged, my dog is dead, my caterpillar is sick and I want to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge" lol. Tell her you wanted to go out to relax. Kind of the point of relationships, too. You could always tell her you wish you could afford to buy some things but can't, right now. That's honest.
Point is, be honest. The point of a relationship is 50/50, not catering to someone's every need. No one gets that in real life, except princes and princesses and I sure as hell am happy I'm neither, because I'd be one HELLUVA pretentious ******* lol.
Just be yourself and enjoy yourself. Don't need to give her the biography unless you've been together for a long time.

And, you know, not to rub it in or anything, but if you hadn't been wasted, or at a bar very often, you wouldn't have been mugged. Guys liek that usually plan their victims and chose a time when they know they'll be alone (talking from experience).
Maybe hit the bars less often is all I'm saying ;-)

Personally, if you ask the person out, you should pay for it. If a man asks the girl, the man pays. If a woman asks a man, the woman pays. If you want to go dutch, it should be stated beforehand, that way the other person knows.

I feel the same way about friends, to an extent. If I invite a friend of mine out to eat, I will pay for both of us.

TheRealCallie said:
I agree with SilentLife.  Why exactly do you have to BUY her something.  Why can't you just TALK to whatever girl is so devastatingly hot that you just can't resist planning your entire future in second that you see her?

And um, you CAN get her number, you just can't put it in your phone. You could always explain to her what happened.  

As for the mugging, have you talked to your dad about it or are you just keeping it all bottled up thinking that will make you more macho or something?

I CAN get her number, but at the moment it's pointless till I sort a new phone out. It could be weeks till I message her.

And thanks for asking that question! If there's one silver lining to all this, it has restored SOME faith I lost in my dad. Because he did seem to actually care when I told him. He didn't seem to care if I got hurt, more how much money was taken. But still, he said he'd try and sort me a cheap phone out so I'm grateful for that.

I'm not planning my entire future with her though lol, to be honest I don't know if we'd get along. But the little time I've spent around her I've enjoyed. So that's why I wanted to speak more to her.

Thanks for the advice Callie :)

But why do you need her NUMBER? You can clearly get online. Given society today, I think it's probably save to assume she has skype or whatsapp or facebook or some other type of place that you could talk to her online.

So, if you want to talk to her more when you are not together or to plan something in the future, explain the situation about the phone and ask if she has any online communication that you could use.

There are solutions to every problem, you just have to find them. Think outside your norm.

I am stuck on the fact you referenced Kenan and Kel Orange Soda!!!!!

I have to agree with all above.

To be honest, time is more valuable anyways. I rather my husband spend time with me, or do something for me than buy me something.

Unless that something was a puppy, in that case I take it back.

TheRealCallie said:
But why do you need her NUMBER?  You can clearly get online.  Given society today, I think it's probably save to assume she has skype or whatsapp or facebook or some other type of place that you could talk to her online.

So, if you want to talk to her more when you are not together or to plan something in the future, explain the situation about the phone and ask if she has any online communication that you could use.  

There are solutions to every problem, you just have to find them.  Think outside your norm.

I don't think she does, I've looked for her on fb before but that's the quickest way to get friendzoned lol. WhatsApp you need a phone number...

And Skype to me seems abit...sleazy. Don't ask me why.

So I'll have to think!...

Nicolelt said:

To be honest, time is more valuable anyways. I rather my husband spend time with me, or do something for me than buy me something.

Who loves Orange soda? I do I do I dooohooo. lol

Time is all well and good, but when I can barely afford to go see her.... that's a bit of a problem no?

Anyway, right now my head is hurting because I went to see her at work...and got a little bit tipsy lol. I shouldn't be stoked just getting a hug from her, but I was haha. I don't wanna wash her lipstick off my collar now lmao! I'm going to take my time, she gets hit on everyday, so I think the laid back approach might work better. If not.. her loss. XD

I may not have the cars, the body or anything like that. But I've got a sense of humour!

And who wouldn't love a puppy? I mean unless it's a yappy little thing that sh*ts everywhere lol!

Nicolelt said:

Ayee true. But for our buddy Osiris, the girl ain't with him yet- She wouldn't care about spending time with him yet if he don't give her a reason to ;-)

Osiris said:
TheRealCallie said:
But why do you need her NUMBER?  You can clearly get online.  Given society today, I think it's probably save to assume she has skype or whatsapp or facebook or some other type of place that you could talk to her online.

There are solutions to every problem, you just have to find them.  Think outside your norm.

I don't think she does, I've looked for her on fb before but that's the quickest way to get friendzoned lol. WhatsApp you need a phone number...

And Skype to me seems abit...sleazy. Don't ask me why.

So I'll have to think!...

All I can say about the friendzone is this- You're only in there because you put yourself in there.

If you continue to act like a friend and not express any interest to bring things to the next level like a man who does, you WILL definitely be stamped and sent to the friendzone.

Even if you are seen as a friend, you can still cross over to become more than a friend. After all, there's a reason why partners are our best FRIEND. They are besties just that they get access to some stuff which besties don't ;-)

As what our dear wise Mr Richard said, stop finding excuses lol. Stop limiting yourself.

If you keep telling yourself why you can't do this, why you can't do that- You're right, you will never be able to do it. Self-prophecy dude.

Believe things can get better, find reasons to back that affirmation and work towards making it happen. IT WILL happen as long as you don't stop working towards it.

Most things in life works 2 ways- Success or failure.

In this case, either you get a girl or you don't. If you don't get this one, there are still others out there. Will you get the next one though? That will depend on whether or not you're willing to work on yourself to set yourself up to be desirable and yadah yadah. That will be a topic for another day lol.

Don't hesitate. Take pride in yourself and go forth. You've survived worst. You're a warrior dude ;-)

Osiris said:
Nicolelt said:

Who loves Orange soda? I do I do I dooohooo. lol

Time is all well and good, but when I can barely afford to go see her.... that's a bit of a problem no?

Anyway, right now my head is hurting because I went to see her at work...and got a little bit tipsy lol. I shouldn't be stoked just getting a hug from her, but I was haha. I don't wanna wash her lipstick off my collar now lmao! I'm going to take my time, she gets hit on everyday, so I think the laid back approach might work better. If not.. her loss. XD

I may not have the cars, the body or anything like that. But I've got a sense of humour!

And who wouldn't love a puppy? I mean unless it's a yappy little thing that sh*ts everywhere lol!

If you have no money, get a job. I understand that you've been through a series of bs recently but if you continue to complain about how life has been shitting on you- Newsflash bud, it's not gonna help make things better.

In fact, it might only make things worse if you keep this behavior up. Hope my message gets across to ya.

So stop moping and whining about why you can't do this or do that. Taking action now to start seeing change happen and THEN complain about your new issue XD

New job, new responsibilities, new life and new problems. It's a never ending cycle lol!

And also-

Awwwww here it goes!!

Osiris said:
Warning! This will probably turn out to be a soppy, cheesy post full of self loathing and regret. Enjoy! lol

Where do I even start? I think I'll start by saying I was mugged a few days ago and now I have no money and no phone! I'd say that's a good start! Considering this means I can't get a girls number at the moment (or can but can't do anything with it) and not to mention where I live has a lot of rich people. And I just came home from having an old school kenan and kel orange soda lol. I couldn't afford anything else, and if I spend all my money (€7 left) I won't even be able to sit and order a coke in future...oh and I just lost my job so I have no idea what to do now. But that's another story, except it really is affecting my confidence.

Today, the mugging was running through my mind and I decided I had to get out the house or I'd never stop thinking about it. Walking down the pier at first I started to sort of see the funny side, "Oh, that's an amazing boat. I'll quickly take a picture oh no I can't I had my phone nicked. Wow that's a beautiful girl, Is she looking at me? Oh wait, doesn't matter I can't even buy her a drink." This went on for a while in my head, and it did actually make me smile. I finally saw the funny side.

But...as the night got on and all the single people were leaving as the bars closed. I became so miserable, couples having romantic walks. Eating takeaways and cuddling up together and then there's mr no job, no phone, here trying to imagine what that's even like. Walking home more people holding hands, people on mopeds and bikes cuddling up to eachother. I've never felt like this before. I've just moved here and I'm so lonely, I have no friends to help me meet people. I couldn't feel any worse than I do right now.

The thing is, I know I'm literally a bad choice. You get people with cars, nice clothes, boats, 6 pack. EVERYTHING. How can I compete? I may be a really caring man, but what girls notice that from across the street? No girls shout out "Oi Oi, Nice personality" lol! The absolute worst part for me is that there is a girl that I think might like me, but I can't even afford to go see her where she works and ask for her number! I say I think she likes me but she might not. She just paid me more attention when I was sat with some tourists trying to hit on her. Well...she did do this little look and hair flick when I said I lived here and was looking for a girlfriend. Even the people I was sat with saw it and gave me a look like "go on, do something" but I'd had a little too much to drink and I thought "I'll be able to come and see her again tomorrow when I've sobered up and ask her properly" So I left, went round the corner and within about 5 minutes I was getting mugged! Erghhh!!!

So now I feel awful, I bet she's forgotten all about our conversation by now and I'll just be another customer. I would've probably been regretting not getting her number had I not been mugged. Beautiful girl, gets hit on everyday. I think that's why they hired her, she spends most the time outside luring people inside lol. I think that's why she might like me, I haven't hit on her...much...yet. And I think she likes me being quite quiet compared to the blokes she's used too around there.

God this thread has gone all over the place haha! Anyway, if you have any advice on getting girls with no money. Or you're a girl who has some tips, please comment below!

Thanks for reading! Sorry it was so long, lots on my mind. Being at rock bottom does that...
[font=arial, sans-serif]You may think that getting girls will make you happy, but it only leads to short term happiness. I know that this may not be popular today, but when I put my focus on God, I know that my joy will be sustained in good times and difficult times.  C.S. Lewis the author of the Narnia book series once wrote: "Joy is the serious business of Heaven"  Hope this helps.[/font]

You are right.
No money, no sex. 
Nowadays sex became a business. Men seek sex, women seek money. Men give money, women give sex. If you have no money or do not want to pay you can be lost in loneliness.

Richard_39 said:

I completely agree with you bro :)

Latest posts

Back