Killing Floor

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-1 Alpha

Reaction score
Do you like money? Do you want to earn loads of dosh by shooting zombies? Do you feel like spending that wad on bigger guns; to kill 'em faster and earn more dosh?
Or perhaps you're doing that already? Either way, as long as you're not a gormless tosser; welcome!

So ... any KF players around here?
Post your favourite setups and loadouts, share your strategies and prefered Scrake combos, ask questions or simply let us know if you're looking for a buddy to watch your back.

All rise for the Killing Floor's anthem!
[youtube]ULeDlxa3gyc[/youtube]

L-O-D-S OF E-M-O-N-E

What's that spell?

Loadsamoney!
Prob'ly...

Oh yeah?! And I've played Diablo 1.5 on 180!

(Also, Diablo 3? Good god, not even once. Diablo 2 with HU is the way to go, if you're the proest of pro, mega desu hardcore fans. And if you're not - D3 is still lame, unless we're talking about RoS, then it's ... playable.)

X-1 Alpha said:
Oh yeah?! And I've played Diablo 1.5 on 180!

(Also, Diablo 3? Good god, not even once. Diablo 2 with HU is the way to go, if you're the proest of pro, mega desu hardcore fans. And if you're not - D3 is still lame, unless we're talking about RoS, then it's ... playable.)

LOL I never finished Diablo 2. I was too young and had too much stuff to do anyway in college to sit down and really finish the game. I must've gone 3/4 or so and not having the internet at the time meant I didn't get all the patches, which made me angry.

So I got 3 on 360, with the last patch installed. Not having the internet AGAIN, because of money problems, at least allows me to play by myself and make appropriate builds. It's fun :)
I'll have to look up what KF is, I have no idea. I'm so late in my games, last I bought was Watchdogs 1. Besides which, I have about 30 unplayed 360 games at home, so I'm good for another 5 years or so lol. Of course, RoS. I'm an achievenement whore, so I need to complete everything before I stop a game, which means I'll be playing D3 for at least 2 years lol.

Richard_39 said:
LOL I never finished Diablo 2. I was too young and had too much stuff to do anyway in college to sit down and really finish the game. I must've gone 3/4 or so and not having the internet at the time meant I didn't get all the patches, which made me angry.
That's perfectly understandable. Some patches were very impactful, I'd hate to play without them. I did enjoy the game quite a bit, and I've spent more time on it than I'd like to admit, but I was still nowhere near as hardcore as some other guys, I think the not-so-great internet connection back then quite possibly saved me from a serious multiplayer addiction. Replaying the game after so many years, this time with Hell Unleashed installed, was a lot of fun (and a lot more difficult too, a very unique experience, so congrats for the modder).
Richard_39 said:
So I got 3 on 360, with the last patch installed. Not having the internet AGAIN, because of money problems, at least allows me to play by myself and make appropriate builds. It's fun :)
I'll have to look up what KF is, I have no idea. I'm so late in my games, last I bought was Watchdogs 1. Besides which, I have about 30 unplayed 360 games at home, so I'm good for another 5 years or so lol. Of course, RoS. I'm an achievenement whore, so I need to complete everything before I stop a game, which means I'll be playing D3 for at least 2 years lol.
While the Reaper expansion made the game a lot better, in the end, I don't think it lived up to the expectations. This whole auction house bullshit really killed my interest for a long time. It certainly isn't as horrible as it was on release, in fact it's a pretty decent game in its current state, but yeah, not quite "great". So, what class are you playing? :)

Ha, I remember the good ol' times when I was in a pretty rough spot and had to drop my internet connection for almost a year. None of my playpals or internet buddies even remembered who I was, lol. I don't think I've lost that much, to be honest.
Also when my connection was spotty at best, single player kept me alive :D fun times indeed.

Man, Watchdogs 1 was such a mediocre game at best ... 2 is a far superior product, still I hope you'll get some enjoyment out of it. To me it was a poor man's GTA. And don't even get me started on the whole "gimping the PC version on purpose" issue. Rubbish, I refuse to support this company in any way, really glad I dodged the bullet.

Sounds like you're set up for quite some time then :D I'm far less of an achievement guy, I only get those I can either grab along the way or get without too much grind, don't care about 100%. But I certainly understand it. :)

As for KF - well, it's basically a co-op arena shooter, you vs zombies. Call of Duty's zombie mode would probably the next closest thing. It's a really old game, but it has an awful lot of charm. Set in England, with every character in the game speaking with the cockney accent. Lots of references too. That guy in the video I've posted? He became one of the game's characters, and he sure likes to display his wad, lol.
You'd be surprised how lively the community is, despite the game's age AND a sequel being out for quite some time. Kinda like C.S 1.6.
All in all, it's a really fun little game.

Well, I'd finished and amassed a few legendaries with a Barbarian, right now I restarted on normal with a Crusader, which I hadn't tried. I actually created one of each class, male and female, and plan on running with all of them (if I don't commit suicide out of boredom first LOL). All my males were created normal, all my females hardcore (because we all know hot girls are REALLY hardcore ;-) ). I'm Paragon...something. 40 I think, I don't remember. I had stopped playing because when I converted my characters from D3 to RoS on console, I thought a glitch was present that prevented me from doing certain challenges. Also waiting for the 2.7 patch we never got. Pissed off, I didn't play again lol. But now, I'm feeling RPG and want to break the game before my old 360 dies, so I plan on taking it as far as I can. And I like to take my time, not rush through it, which is why I don't often play with others. They tend to rush through honeysuckle, I want to explore lol

Ah, shooters. I've kind of grown tired of it. Used to be in #40 in the world or something on the 360 boards for Black Ops 2. Had, I don't remember, a 4 or 5 KD, playing only solo with one friend sometimes lol. I'd win games by myself. Used to go by Hellbringner. People feared me :). Imagine if had had a clan ;-)
But it becomes redundant real quick. And people are real ******** too. I end swearing and flipping them all off, or just turning off the mike and ignoring them. When I'd lead by 30 kills and they were at 2, I'd troll them around until we lost the game LOL. Hell, if KF's community is better, good, because my main turnoff and the reason I HATE online gaming is because the community is full of moronic ********, or jerks, or singing 4 years olds who are WAY too young to be playing those games, or hookers trying to get clients, or God only knows what else LOL.

Wow, those are (or rather, were) some quite big issues. I've tried to do the same gender thingy in Titan's Quest; lovely game btw; but no, I was clearly insane to even attempt such a thing. :D I always liked Paladin-like classes. I like magic and all ... but I wanna wear cool looking armor while doing it, y'know? And what about those badass swords and shields? I don't wanna fight with a staff like an old man.
And yeah, same with Diablo 2, all parties are XYZrun this and taxi that, no time to enjoy the game or the atmosphere, just abuse the mechanics and grind away. No, not my style.

And we're basically reverse dudes, cause I was playing RPG's this whole time, got bored and I really want to shoot things now, haha.
And yeah, surprisingly, people are the worst part of the multiplayer (well imagine that), I've a hard time socializing anyway, but good lord, some people are plain shitheads. The CoD's and CS:GO's "I fresia your momma" crowd, with an obligatory bad microphone and of course, going through voice break at the moment; LoL's "gg eazy, me so pro funneh abusive *******" etc. etc. ... actually, fresia you for reminding me how much I hate humanity, ahaha.
I really don't enjoy multiplayer most of the time, I've stopped playing games like MOBA's and stuff, because I've noticed how having to interact with human garbage is impacting my personality and behaviour in real life, fresia that.

Also, a rule of thumb seems to be that when an MMO's about to die - it's getting overrun by Turks, if it's a shooter - it's infested with Russians instead. KF's community is really pretty decent in comparison, I bet the game being super old has a part in this, since a lot of bad apples moved over to new CoD's and whatnot. I've actually read that KF 2's community on consoles is really, really bad (and PC's isn't that great either) 2's a worse game anyway, so no skin off my back.

But ... yeah, I pretty much concur with what you've said :)

I still haven't completely finished Diablo II. And I refuse to play Killing Floor by myself.

VanillaCreme said:
And I refuse to play Killing Floor by myself.
Whyyy? There's nothing sca-OHMYGOD THERE'S A STALKER BEHIND YOU! *mini heart attack*

But no, I'm genuinely curious as to why :)

As for the Diablo II, how far did you get?

Latest posts

Back