Taking chances better

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
So, last night I went out to a small club and had a few drinks. Started dancing with an absolutely beautiful, 10 out of 10 girl and she clearly liked me. I don't know why but I couldn't clinch things with her. I've even got scratches on my arm from her grabbing me when we were dancing. As much as it boosted my confidence, this stunning girl dancing with me, I couldn't take things further. I didn't know when was a good time to ask to kiss her, or anything like that. Then when chucking out time came...I lost her. She disappeared, and the most flawless girl I've ever spoken to was gone for good.

Obviously these things happen, but I wanted advice. When I wanted to kiss her, should I of just said it? I waited for the "right time" but there's no such thing as the "right time" really. I really regret not trying now! Even though I was really drunk at the time, I feel like she wanted me to take things further. Now I feel like such a loser, the regret is unbearable! She literally could've been a model, and she approached me. Today I feel so bad about myself, like yeah there's plenty more fish in the sea...but not many like that. I'll never let myself be so hesitant again!

If anyone has any tips to taking things further (when you can't really talk properly because of the music) I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Osiris said:
So, last night I went out to a small club and had a few drinks. Started dancing with an absolutely beautiful, 10 out of 10 girl and she clearly liked me. I don't know why but I couldn't clinch things with her. I've even got scratches on my arm from her grabbing me when we were dancing. As much as it boosted my confidence, this stunning girl dancing with me, I couldn't take things further. I didn't know when was a good time to ask to kiss her, or anything like that. Then when chucking out time came...I lost her. She disappeared, and the most flawless girl I've ever spoken to was gone for good.

Obviously these things happen, but I wanted advice. When I wanted to kiss her, should I of just said it? I waited for the "right time" but there's no such thing as the "right time" really. I really regret not trying now! Even though I was really drunk at the time, I feel like she wanted me to take things further. Now I feel like such a loser, the regret is unbearable! She literally could've been a model, and she approached me. Today I feel so bad about myself, like yeah there's plenty more fish in the sea...but not many like that. I'll never let myself be so hesitant again!

If anyone has any tips to taking things further (when you can't really talk properly because of the music) I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

My advice isn't productive LOL.
Do what feels like the right thing to do and don't overthink it. Unless she's TOTALLY wasted and might not be conscious, or you are. That's not a good way to go in my experience, unless you just want a one nighter. I'm not keen on those.
If you feel it and she feels it, you'll know. Worst case scenario, you get slapped and start over LOL.

Richard_39 said:
Osiris said:

My advice isn't productive LOL.
Do what feels like the right thing to do and don't overthink it. Unless she's TOTALLY wasted and might not be conscious, or you are. That's not a good way to go in my experience, unless you just want a one nighter. I'm not keen on those.
If you feel it and she feels it, you'll know. Worst case scenario, you get slapped and start over LOL.

Yeah to be honest I was hoping for a one night stand, she was on holiday here so a relationship was out of the question really lol! Also, and this is embarrassing for me. I'm a 20 year old virgin, to think I had a chance to lose it with such a beautiful woman...ugh! A part of me is glad I didn't though, I don't remember how I got home. All I remember after her beautiful face, was me being sick lol. God I wish I didn't remember what she looked like, it would make things a lot easier! I'm tempted to go back down there today and hope she's there again...just I won't drink lmao!

Osiris said:
Yeah to be honest I was hoping for a one night stand, she was on holiday here so a relationship was out of the question really lol! Also, and this is embarrassing for me. I'm a 20 year old virgin, to think I had a chance to lose it with such a beautiful woman...ugh! A part of me is glad I didn't though, I don't remember how I got home. All I remember after her beautiful face, was me being sick lol. God I wish I didn't remember what she looked like, it would make things a lot easier! I'm tempted to go back down there today and hope she's there again...just I won't drink lmao!

Well hey, don't go 100 mph expecting that's what she wanted, too. If you build up your expectations, you can get disapointed real quick. Maybe she wanted to dance and have a good time and that's it, who knows.
Just, in the future, when that happens, you don't force things...but you don't hold back either. You just go with the flow lol.
Had one or two very interesting relationships that started like that. But the thing is, if you put too much pressure on yourself or on her, it doesn't usually end well. I have a couple of disapointements (and one or two slaps lol) that attest to that.
Ah, to be young again...I miss those days sometimes.

I don't know.

For me it is very hard to make the most out of one evening. I mean, how long does it last? A few hours perhaps. It is really challenging. People barely know each other. So don't exactly know, what to talk about, etc. It takes a lot of adapting.

For me the best thing I could do within that small timeframe is if I could get any sort of contact for the future, i.e phone or facebook. So I could communicate with her later on, when we are already better adapted to each other, and sort of calmed down.

But seeing somebody for once and for a short time is almost always a lost cause. She always disappears in the end. So if I get no contact, then that's done.

But that's me. Other people are different.

I'm sure next month you'll find another "flawless" girl, so don't worry so much about it.

If she wanted you to kiss her, she likely wouldn't have been unable to find, though. But yeah, if you want to kiss someone, lean in for the kiss. Just don't expect to not get slapped and I hope you know how to take no for an answer (no, I'm not calling you a **** rapist.) since you seem to "know" when a girl wants you.

By the way, Osiris. I wanted to add that you are doing pretty well if you dance well and can attract girls to dance with you pretty much at first sight. Many men can't do that.

SilentLife said:
By the way, Osiris. I wanted to add that you are doing pretty well if you dance well and can attract girls to dance with you pretty much at first sight. Many men can't do that.

That's right.
When I dance, I look like something somewhere between a bear having a heart attack or what my cat brought to my doorstep last month ;-)

TheRealCallie said:
I'm sure next month you'll find another "flawless" girl, so don't worry so much about it.  

If she wanted you to kiss her, she likely wouldn't have been unable to find, though.  But yeah, if you want to kiss someone, lean in for the kiss.  Just don't expect to not get slapped and I hope you know how to take no for an answer (no, I'm not calling you a **** rapist.) since you seem to "know" when a girl wants you.

When in doubt, just follow the golden rule. 
BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
TheRealCallie said:

If she wanted you to kiss her, she likely wouldn't have been unable to find, though.  But yeah, if you want to kiss someone, lean in for the kiss.  Just don't expect to not get slapped and I hope you know how to take no for an answer (no, I'm not calling you a **** rapist.) since you seem to "know" when a girl wants you.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
I don't ask before I kiss and I've never got slapped or had a girl get pissed.

Paraiyar said:
Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
TheRealCallie said:

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
I don't ask before I kiss and I've never got slapped or had a girl get pissed.

I've only ever been asked once, but it was a different situation than normal.  It worked in that situation, but for a situation like being at a club or whatever, no, I wouldn't want to be asked. 
It's not a guarantee that you will be slapped, just saying you should be prepared for it.

Latest posts

Back