Intelligence. (human, that is)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen Penelope Park

Reaction score
I'll start off by admitting I'm anti-it.

The more I think about it, the more I see it as a hindrance rather than a help.  Surely it makes humans more comfortable, no doubt, and no debate from me on that.  I do enjoy electricity, running water, sewer, and streaming movies.......

What else does it do?  I only see it as destructive, and self serving.  I can't think of one thing "good" it does or has done for anything but itself.  

A.I. scares me because of this.  

Think about it.  Is it possible for two distinct beings to have super intelligence, and coexist?  We have problems with people a different skin tone..............
What if fish in the ocean were to come to a level of intelligence that they were able to communicate with us that they're not really digging the whole catching them in nets and on hooks thing?  They'd probably have issues with us dumping sewage and garbage in their "country" as well.   How do we deal with that?  
Maybe it's birds.........they could declare the sky a no human fly zone?  Wouldn't they have the right since they're now intelligent?

Anyway, this is something I think about from time to time and have never really shared before.  

Laugh it up.

Pippen Penelope Park said:
I'll start off by admitting I'm anti-it.

The more I think about it, the more I see it as a hindrance rather than a help.  Surely it makes humans more comfortable, no doubt, and no debate from me on that.  I do enjoy electricity, running water, sewer, and streaming movies.......

What else does it do?  I only see it as destructive, and self serving.  I can't think of one thing "good" it does or has done for anything but itself.  

A.I. scares me because of this.  

Think about it.  Is it possible for two distinct beings to have super intelligence, and coexist?  We have problems with people a different skin tone..............
What if fish in the ocean were to come to a level of intelligence that they were able to communicate with us that they're not really digging the whole catching them in nets and on hooks thing?  They'd probably have issues with us dumping sewage and garbage in their "country" as well.   How do we deal with that?  
Maybe it's birds.........they could declare the sky a no human fly zone?  Wouldn't they have the right since they're now intelligent?

Anyway, this is something I think about from time to time and have never really shared before.  

Laugh it up.

I'd laugh it up if there was something to laugh about.
If the greatest minds of our time (Stephen Hawkings, Elon Musk, etc.) put together a letter to the US governements asking them to closely monitor and watch out for the advancement of AI and it's destructive potential if not closely watched to literally destroy the human race, what makes you any crazier?
Automation and Artificial intelligence will, and we've seen it more and more in the last couple of years, be the ultimate undoing of humanity if left unchecked (if of course, we don't choke on methane gas or die of thirst first).

I think we should be juggling between the two. Automation has it's wonders but it'll ultimately cost us our jobs. And I mean ALL our jobs (they're testing robot cops in Dubai right now). There's a limit to how much technology we should deal with and if the governements of the planet do go full automation, they're going to have to do something for the population before unemployment rates reach 70%. I don't want to die of hunger, or be carted off behind a fence by robots who "want to protect me from myself).

Funny you mentionned that, I had a conversation about it recently. THe fact that Evolution only hit monkeys first doesn't mean it happenned, or finished happening ONLY with us. WE won't see it, but odds are in a couple million years, dogs will walk on two legs and drive cars with us (if we're still around). We're arrogant to think we were "chosen" in any way, shape or form. Give it enough time and other species will evolve into relatively human terms (only hopefully better than us).

It's not stupid. I think it's a mark of profound intelligence. ;-)

I don't think it will be possible to stop automation. UBI looks like the best solution, at least sonfar.

Latest posts

Back