Feeling a little blue today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 139760

Reaction score
Ah, summer.
I actually hate this season LOL.
I'm not a man made for heat. I'm always hot (hehe, pun ;-) ) and sweating whenever temperatures reach over 20 degrees celcius, which is only about 2 miserable months a year, but still, too much for me. If it could stay like 5 all the time I'd be happy.

That being said, there is ONE advantage to me of summer, and that is diminutive clothing ::)he center of Montreal, with all it's tourists and the like, becomes one helluva pleasant place to smile at people ;-)
Miniskirts, shorts, tanktops...it actually is a lot of fun. And I'm sure the ladies find the shirtless guys just as fun.
Sadly, it's also the period where I'm feeling a little blue. It reminds me that when I return, there's no one home, hence I'm not in a hurry to return. SO I'm feeling a little blue today. I work almost exclusively with girls, very nice, kind, attractive girls...who are all taken. Whom I wouldn't date anyway, because we work together and I know work and play don't mix very well out of experience, but I don't have much social interaction with the opposite sex because of that. It makes it hard to meet new people. What with the horrid experience of meeting websites, I'm not to keen on that either and without money....makes it hard to take up activities that encourage chatting with nice single girls my age. I mean, I've learned to live, and enjoy being by myself, but certain time and periods...you want to have someone around. For, you know, some activities, but also just to cuddle, to kiss, to walk with.

Any suggestions would be welcomed as to free social activities that not only would make me meet new people, but also be condusive to meeting women my age who would share some passions. I'm kind of out of ideas. Maybe tell the story about how you met your last significant other/current boyfriends or girlfriends would be helpful to any ideas?

And of course, on the astronomical chance there's actually another person that lives in the same city as me, feel free to hit me (not too hard, I'm getting old ;-) )

As far as the heat thing goes, I have had heat stroke twice in my life. once playing football as a kid and another working in the Texas heat. I can no longer tolerate summer and hate it. I do enjoy doing things and I enjoy going out. But I hate sweeting and I sweat to much after I had my first heat stroke. I live in Georgia And it stays hot from april to october. it seems like. But I agree with everything you said.

As far as meeting anyone. I sadly can't help. I normally meet people while they are at work like waitresses and stor employees, who I will try to find the courage to strike a conversation with and ask out bluntly or take my time and get to know them. but I been single for so long now I forgot what that is even like lol...

I'm kind of with you. It's been so long I've kind of lost the hang of it and even when interest is shown, I'm fearful to show any back, because of past experiences. Being friends is easy, but being more often becomes a whole other ballgame...

Hey Richard.
I can't offer anything except commiseration, i guess. :/

Electrical fans to chase away the heat.

As for the other problem, if you ever find a solution, I know a forum where you could share the answer :D

Latest posts

Back