Friendships starts , friendships fall apart for 100000nd time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owmygod

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a questions i need answers to , but i don't know why almost every single time it starts good and in the end there is nothing close to a friendship. Especially with hot girls and ladies....
Let's say i try the "jerk" kind of behavior - usually get some attention , then in the end nothing.
Then it's the nice guy who im naturally , i get SOME attention and then again ignoring and not being bothered by people in facebook....
Yeah , i know about all the guys who chat dirty and send nudes to girls , im not one of those guys and i dont think it's the right thing to do.
One of my few close friends says "be friend with a girl first" , but how the hell i can be if i rarely got any answers? He's the extroverted and fun type of person who can get any girl to chat to him and open up to him....
So far i've been talking to lots of people and through the way i got a FEW people becoming my friend which is not bad but i want more people.. Even if i'm not the much extroverted and the guy with whole big group of friends. The problem is i can't open up for group of many people , because im introverted and usually shy and quiet when in group of more people im not close to.
Again , it's not that i dont want to talk to all of them , its just that i can't be everybody's friend and talk all the time useless things as many of the people do. I may be different in some aspects , but that doesn't mean i dont deserve attention or at least 3-4 folks we can both hang out with. Is friendships so hard to find these days? Yeah i do have 1 REAL friend and few collegues and im thankful , others are just conversation buddies nothing more. I dont know where to find the friends i want to be with. The people we can talk to seriously for what we both want and go towards it. Maybe meeting sites or social club? I can't seem to find social club or places and people who are there for the same interests and intensions as me. Really things got bit confusing but however im trying to be happy no matter what.

owmygod said:
Hello all. I have a questions i need answers to , but i don't know why almost every single time it starts good and in the end there is nothing close to a friendship. Especially with hot girls and ladies....
Let's say i try the "jerk" kind of behavior - usually get some attention , then in the end nothing.
Then it's the nice guy who im naturally , i get SOME attention and then again ignoring and not being bothered by people in facebook....
Yeah , i know about all the guys who chat dirty and send nudes to girls , im not one of those guys and i dont think it's the right thing to do.
One of my few close friends says "be friend with a girl first" , but how the hell i can be if i rarely got any answers? He's the extroverted and fun type of person who can get any girl to chat to him and open up to him....
So far i've been talking to lots of people and through the way i got a FEW people becoming my friend which is not bad but i want more people.. Even if i'm not the much extroverted and the guy with whole big group of friends. The problem is i can't open up for group of many people , because im introverted and usually shy and quiet when in group of more people im not close to.
Again , it's not that i dont want to talk to all of them , its just that i can't be everybody's friend and talk all the time useless things as many of the people do. I may be different in some aspects , but that doesn't mean i dont deserve attention or at least 3-4 folks we can both hang out with. Is friendships so hard to find these days? Yeah i do have 1 REAL friend and few collegues and im thankful , others are just conversation buddies nothing more. I dont know where to find the friends i want to be with. The people we can talk to seriously for what we both want and go towards it. Maybe meeting sites or social club? I can't seem to find social club or places and people who are there for the same interests and intensions as me. Really things got bit confusing but however im trying to be happy no matter what.

" I can't seem to find social club or places and people who are there for the same interests and intensions as me"
Why not? That's a good start.
If not, well join one. Explore new interests ;-)
See, I'm a guy. Relatively macho guy, chest hair and everything lol. As such, in typical "macho" fashion, always claimed "balley was for girls!"
I went out with this girl for two years which, as luck would have it, had a half-brother and stepsister who were dancers at "Les Grand Ballets Canadiens" (world renowned). We get free tickets, which I went to see...and it was BEAUTIFUL and moving. And balley is definetely NOT for girls only lol. I wrestled and I wouldn't have the strenght to do what the guys there do.
So, maybe try something new? Above alll else, be yourself. Don't be "a jerk" or "a nice guy". Be YOU. Genuine is what interests people.
Hope it helps ;-)

I could try new things and do some sports like running to lose weight but i think problems are psychological and emotional rather than outside of my head..... being too nice and real to everybody is not winning always , just sometimes. Yet , there is a lot of progress for 2 months i got talks with many people i got stronger and even had some approaches with random girls and met new ppl , even though i didnt gave my all there. Tried reaching out to old friends , to some successful and for other unsuccesful , sadly the truth is not so many people from my past want to talk to me. That kind of hurts me , but kind of motivates me and makes me looking forward.

hope i can find what im looking for and this 'nice guy' that i am i can get rid of this behavior and attitude or limit it somehow , we'll see.
Aside from that , in the road to my change i found out that i got few traits and qualities that attract people around me in some very fun and positive way. Strenghtening my character and dealing with many bullshits but somehow i manage them all at time.Thanks for your shared thoughts.

If you're introverted, try giving yourself a break every once in awhile. I know that when I put myself out there too much, I feel drained and am more likely to say something stupid I'll regret later so I give myself some time alone for a bit to recharge. Not saying that you do that, but it's just a suggestion. Sometimes I feel like I am putting myself out there again and again without any response and nothing to show for my efforts. Then I freak out. It's just a cycle. It's hard to stop. Just keep trying your best. You can't do more than that.

wow , wallflower79 youre like me! I guess we have some in common!
Thanks.

Friends suck. You don't need them. They all eventually turn their backs on you.

Actually this was my old account (author of the thread , i just cant manage to find my password and stuff...

I struggled with the same thing. Sometimes I get down about not having a lot of friends. I realize though, I can't do the mindless banter that most people do. I'm direct and to the point. It gets worse with age. I've found that one or two true friends with common interests are far better than a group. Maybe try delving deeper into the relationship you have with your friends now. Maybe you'll find fulfillment in what you have?

Latest posts

Back