Complete Tragedy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
Last week I came home to my house on fire. I lost everything, and all five of my dogs died. I wanted to end everything that night. Everything I worked for in my life gone. My best friends, gone. My life revolved around my dogs, their care, their shows, everything was about them. 

The news story was titled "Residents OK, but 5 dogs die in house fire." I didn't want to be okay. I wanted to go up with them. 

I went to counseling the next day, I called it in as an emergency. I know in the end it will be okay, but the sadness is hitting me tonight. I miss my life. 

We're living in an apartment right now, and decided what kind of house we are going to build. It was a complete loss, so we are going to get all of the money from our insurance plan. I know in all of this I am very lucky, but it still sucks.

To be honest I would have just gave up everything if it weren't for one of my dog show friends starting a GoFundMe for us. The money is great, but the kind words and support is worth more than that. People I have never met, or I have only seen in my dog books have been reaching out to us.

And thank you to the few on this forum whose names I saw on there. It means so much to me that you guys care. 

I know I'll be okay, and trust me, I am trying to make lemonade out of the lemons that have been handed to me. We'll build a great house, and replace our stuff with better stuff.

Just tonight, I really miss my dogs.

I'm so sorry Nicole. I'd be heartbroken if this happened to any of my pets. I really hope something good for you is around the corner and give yourself all the time you need to process what has happened.

I'm really sorry for your loss, Nicole.

After facing a tragedy like this, it's ok to crumble a little... I know you guys are still alive, you'll be able to build your house and people's generosity is greatly appreciated, but give yourself the time to feel your loss too.

*hug*

I can't even begin to imagine. My pets are my life. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. In the coming days, months, and years, definitely focus on emotional healing in the aftermath of this. It's okay to "put it behind you and move on" but you'll also need to truly grieve. Grief postponed is grief multiplied. I wish you the best of luck going forward.

That is so, so, horrible. Unexplainably horrible. "Residents OK", no, one is not "OK" after something like that.
There is nothing good one can say, but Nicole, my thoughts are with you and I know how missing pets are. I think most may do, sadly.
I wish you the best in strenght to move on. Take care and stay safe. I mean it.

Nicolelt said:
Last week I came home to my house on fire. I lost everything, and all five of my dogs died. I wanted to end everything that night. Everything I worked for in my life gone. My best friends, gone. My life revolved around my dogs, their care, their shows, everything was about them. 

The news story was titled "Residents OK, but 5 dogs die in house fire." I didn't want to be okay. I wanted to go up with them. 

I went to counseling the next day, I called it in as an emergency. I know in the end it will be okay, but the sadness is hitting me tonight. I miss my life. 

We're living in an apartment right now, and decided what kind of house we are going to build. It was a complete loss, so we are going to get all of the money from our insurance plan. I know in all of this I am very lucky, but it still sucks.

To be honest I would have just gave up everything if it weren't for one of my dog show friends starting a GoFundMe for us. The money is great, but the kind words and support is worth more than that. People I have never met, or I have only seen in my dog books have been reaching out to us.

And thank you to the few on this forum whose names I saw on there. It means so much to me that you guys care. 

I know I'll be okay, and trust me, I am trying to make lemonade out of the lemons that have been handed to me. We'll build a great house, and replace our stuff with better stuff.

Just tonight, I really miss my dogs.

My god Nicole, just read this.  
I can't express in words how much my heart goes out to you, how sorry i feel for your loss. I can't imagine how losing your home must feel, but your lovely doggies...... I'm so, so sorry to hear this.
I know it's a small consolation if at all but i'm thinking of you and your lovely doggies, and wishing with all my heart that never again will you feel such sorrow. 
(Biggest hugs)

Nicolelt said:

Wow I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to experience this. I have a dog too and this story really hit me. I'm sorry to hear about the fire and loss but definitely am glad that you were able to find support.

How are things for you now? Are the counseling sessions going well??

Nicolt, how are you doing??? Sending love and hope you're still rallied around and able to find some comfort.  With everyone, sorry for your loss.

HappyBread said:
Nicolelt said:

Wow I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to experience this. I have a dog too and this story really hit me. I'm sorry to hear about the fire and loss but definitely am glad that you were able to find support.

How are things for you now? Are the counseling sessions going well??
I have a wonderful counselor that totally gets how devastating the loss of a pet is. He had a funeral for his cat. Things have gone well since the fire, I believe that was the lowest point in my life. I miss my dogs terribly still. I have this huge void now. Every move I have made in my life has been for them. Not sure what to do with my time right now.

littlefish1555 said:
Nicolt, how are you doing??? Sending love and hope you're still rallied around and able to find some comfort.  With everyone, sorry for your loss.

Thank you. I'm doing the best I can. :)

Latest posts

Back