New Place, No new people to show it too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostexile35

Reaction score
So I'm a sophomore in college now and I just got my own apartment. It's a studio and I have no friends down here to show it to and let them hang out. I'm of course grateful that I have a place; it's just kind of a bummer at the moment. I know long term, I want to spend most of this year alone, but right now Im reminded of how I have no one in my life to just hit up and chill with

I lived in a studio apartment once upon a time. Sometimes solitude could make the walls seem to close in like a trap. Or a rubbish compacter. Well that's what it felt like to me occasionally.

dont even worry, you are still young to think about a lonely future, everyone in your class should be feeling alone too, just take this new chance to not being the creepy shy quiet guy at the end of the room again

I lived in a studio apartment in the middle of nowhere for a while; I didn't have cable hooked up because I was broke, so I started running through my DVD collection, playing whatever I could to give myself a little bit of comforting noise. Eventually, I got to the point that I found "The Holiday" to have the most soothing and comforting sounds and music, so I was playing it all the time. For a while, I could quote along with the characters, and I realized that I needed to buy more movies.

I feel like there is a moral or something in what I wrote, but all I can hear in my head is the old geezer telling Kate Winslet that they're having a meet cute.

I am in your same boat! It's a bummer...I have been trying to keep my self busy with little updates to the place...personalizing it and such...My dog also keeps my company...but having no friends really gets to me most times :(

Are you involved in any clubs at your school? See what is available. Or check... Meetup.com (if that's still around) for something that is one of your interest. I would try the school clubs first, because most of the people there will be your age group.

You could always put pictures online and show us your new place. =)

Latest posts

Back