Dreams better than reality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
Now obviously if you dream of boats, cars, everything you'd ever want. You're bound to wake up a little bit disappointed. But what about just dreaming you met someone?

Last night I had a dream I met a girl, she even had a name "Sofia". We got along great, we just went for a walk...talked, held hands, she took a selfie lol. Anyway the conversation went so well it ended with us agreeing to see eachother and be an item... Then I woke up....

I woke up to the realisation no-one likes me. Never have. Nothing to be excited about in the future, no-one to talk too or just cuddle with and watch TV. I know it sounds soft and I'm probably being a bit overdramatic but when you've never had any interest from a girl in your life to wake up and realise... Nope, still no-one likes you. For most people I'm sure they'd just get on with their day and forget about it, but then it throws all these questions in the air for me. I'm 20 and the last time I held a girls hand was when I was about 9 or 10. How long will I be like this? Some people worry about dieing alone, I worry about dieing before I even have a connection with someone.

This was more of a rant to let some steam off but I always ask a question at the end of my threads so here's mine. Have you ever woken up from a dream that was so good you'd rather live in the dream than reality?

Thanks for reading..

Man I can relate so hard to that

The other night I have a nightmare were I was living alone on a very garbage crowded house, there was barely any light, my only contact with other humans was a sega genesis console that for some reason(dream logic) could be used for online games, so I have to girls added on my friend list and I just waited all day that any of them goes online, I woke up feeling more sad than scared, because honestly that dream does not goes very far from reality

dreaming that you have a girl is the worst, even worse if is someone you know irl, you know that girl does never dream about you or even remember you
About your question, yes I did have dreams I wished they were real instead of my shitty reality, man I even have nightmares I would have prefered to be real instead of this

But you are still very young, Im not trying to minimize how you feel, of course you are as lonely as any of us, Im 23 and I really wish to be 20, specially since I would have the chance to chage a lot of things that would have made my life happier today, so at least you can value that
I dont know how can you get a girl, but I always ask myself this, if I was a girl, do I would want to date a guy like me?
the answer for me is definetely no, you have to like yourself first and have something to offer, im not saying that you must be a catch so a girl can like you for your money or fame or anything but if you are not attractive and also you have zero charisma, why should anyone even care to know you deeply? you must have something on the surface so you can attract somebody else attention and then that person can be interested in find more about you, not talking about money, you can play guitar and a girl that also plays guitar would be interested in you(superfitially at the beggining), right now you have nothing to offer that other person can relate to and that's why no one is interested in you, well that's what I believe it's happening to me

Dreams are horseshit that don't happen.

Reality is the cruel crushing weight that reminds you your own life ain't worth honeysuckle and that everyone is out trying to strangle you to elevate themselves above you, because they're disgusting jerkwads.

So yeah. Dreams are better than reality. Reality of a dream is it doesn't happen.

I find that What I thought were better Dreams than reality, is Really a Cruel way of me knowing that My Dreams became a reflection of my own reality, So I get no comfort from either, A Dream or my miserable Reality of a wasted life. I stopped Dreaming for the most part, I find it is the only time I get any real peace. Reality is just a cruel Dream inside someone else's head.

Personally, I don't think dreams are better than reality. While they might be nice sometimes, they simply aren't real, so I really don't put any stock in them at all. But, that may just be because I typically don't dream (at least not that I ever remember)

At the end of the day, all you have is tomorrow and another chance to better yourself and your life. It's up to you to decide what happens tomorrow. You can focus on what happened in your mind while you slept or you can find something to fight for in the real world. A goal, a...dare I say it....dream. :p

Latest posts

Back