Halloween Ideas, Take Your Mind Off Right Now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autumntranspire

Reaction score
I think I may have posted in the past about this particular subject but now here it is years later and I am grown and I still love Halloween just as much, as it is my favorite day of the year!

Last year I was going through some things (like every year) but managed a pretty cool costume IMO despite feeling like a bag of crap, managed to get a friend out of the house too and we won the costume contest at the local bar in town. It definitely took our mind off of regular life and my friend had never won a thing so she was pretty stoked and the night was full of laughs and fun. 

I now live in Japan and I have heard that Halloween is a pretty big deal here, whether that is for the reasons of partying or just getting dressed up, I'm not sure. I am excited regardless and I wanted to see how many other people are excited for Halloween, here on the forum and here in Japan and wherever you are. What are your costume ideas? How do you celebrate? What was your favorite costume? What are you doing this year? 

Also, need a big awesome huge hug?

I LOVE Halloween, every year we decorate our yard and have been doing it since I was a kid. Don't dress up anymore unless I'm going out which hasn't been in years. Last time I went trick or treating with a friend and her 3 kids. I went as Batman. Right now I am eagerly waiting for the back to school sales to be done so all the Halloween stuff will come out. The only place around here right now that has any Halloween decorations for sale is Michael's, but they always start the seasons early. Hell they even have a little bit of Christmas decorations out right now.

*takes the hug, leaves another one*

I am very happy about it too, since I really like costumes, the night, theatre and so on! XD
Sad thing is I have noone to "celebrate" it with. Yanno - if someone here throws together a halloween party, I'd do my best to show up. I refuse to stop dreaming! :D

I am eagerly looking forward to summer being done and over with so we can get to autumn and the best time of year, Halloween. Love it! I don't dress up anymore, but I love making costumes for my 8-year old. I did a Jawa last year, huge hit - people stopped us on the street to take photographs.

I always wanted to train enough to be able to legitimately wear a Superman costum, without fake muscles. Sadly, that idea has relatively been abandonned, I'd need at least a year to prepare again in the gym daily ;-)
If not, I'm more on the classic side. Always wanted to go as Indiana Jones, but I usually don't dress up anymore. My kids dress up and I go with them.

Sounds like you all are just as excited as I am! That makes me smile! I wonder what Halloween is like here, it will be my first year of Halloween. Not sure where to get decorations here! But if all else fails, I have a professional face painting kit, and a set of black cat ears and tail. :D

A JAWA?! Holy crow! I'd love to see that. One year my dad did a MEAN Darth Vader, I mean it rocked. There was another guy dressed the same, with a beer gut and a short cape. My dad even designed his chest plate. Such a masterpiece! Homemade costumes really can't be beat :)

Hmm a few years back I put some work into a black light party in my garage. I never got pictures because it took me a month straight to finish, and not many people showed up but it was appreciated. I did a Jack the Skellington face and chest paint. There was a bunch of fake web in the corner with giant spiders, stuff hanging from the ceiling as well as web, and a scary clown that I had hanging from a rope with a single light shining down on him. I put it in my old macaw bird cage and it was super spooky! I think the clown was the only thing I took a picture of haha.

Richard! Do Indiana Jones this year! That one is simple and always classy :D

I miss going trick or treating with dad, back in the day he'd go as an army man. He collects WWII items and it was on point every year. OH I miss being a kid!
And.. also can't wait for summer to end because my pale skin sizzles in the sun.

Totally, Autumn! *is suuuper excited, but knows it's for naught*
...I sincerely hope you will not go the "sexy cat" route, as a cat I will fel sad and offended.
Dath Father sounds like a great costume X) (Well, it technically means that anyways, so...)
Sounds like a cool party place except for the spiders X_x
We never went trick or treating, we did something similar at eastern X)
And yep, pale skin does that, before it goes red and falls off... :p

My skin hasn't fell off yet, so I must be doing something right by staying indoors. ;=)
Absolutely NOT, on the sexy cat route, unless of course you consider angst and fake cat teeth as sexy.. I went classic, all the way! I don't do the whole sexy thing well, so we shall just consider that a no go with everything in life! :D Never been that kind of girl, never will. Too into Halloween to let such an experience go underappreciated! I went as a rock one year, if that answers any questions of what kind of person I am.

A rock? Cool!
I have so many ideas of "great" things to be, but they all take too much planning, time, energy, money or resources. A shame.

Meaw said:
A rock? Cool!
I have so many ideas of "great" things to be, but they all take too much planning, time, energy, money or resources. A shame.

It takes time, that is for sure. I am famous for last minute planning. That rock was made in approximately 2 days with spray paint, chicken wire, and paper mache. Messy and fun!

Latest posts

Back