Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a student who's been having a lot of difficulty making friends in University. I have a small number of friends, but I have limited opportunities to communicate with them nowadays. I have a very poor relationship with my family so I never talk to them about things at the moment. The result is that much of the time I have no one to talk to. I thought I'd turn to the internet to find people to talk to in the meantime. This community seems friendly and welcoming so I thought I'd try setting up an account here.

Welcome to the website, Grand Vizier.
If you can actually cast some spells, them would be mighty useful ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Welcome to the website, Grand Vizier.
If you can actually cast some spells, them would be mighty useful ;-)

Haha, thanks.  :)
Is that meant to be a wizard thing? I just knew it as some historical title.

Welcome, Vizier ^_^
I hope you'll find the talking you're searching for here :)

Welcome Arnold.

I know how what you mean about family, I am in the same boat and I only have one real friend that I communicate with some what regularly. Any time you need someone to talk to, feel free to post or write about it.

What are your plans in college? Any major? What year?

Welcome aboard Arnold. I wish the internet had been around when I was at university. Back then my social deprivation led me to hang out with winos and derelicts on the street.

Drew said:
Welcome Arnold.

I know how what you mean about family, I am in the same boat and I only have one real friend that I communicate with some what regularly. Any time you need someone to talk to, feel free to post or write about it.

What are your plans in college? Any major? What year?

I'm in the second year and I'm studying History, mainly of the developing world. I'm hoping to get involved in an NGO or something along those lines in the future, though it's too early for me to have given it much thought.

I'd be interested to hear how you're 'in the same boat' with regard to your family, if it's something you're willing to talk about.

Hey, welcome to the site. It may not be for everyone, but you could check out the Discord chat that many of the ALL members are in.

I think Richard was thinking of The Sultan's assistant from Aladdin?

constant stranger said:
Welcome aboard Arnold. I wish the internet had been around when I was at university. Back then my social deprivation led me to hang out with winos and derelicts on the street.

What's wrong with winos and derelicts? ;)

Hello and welcome to ALL!

Hope you find some friends here, but I hope even more that you don't give up on making friends at university, I never went to university, hell I dropped out of school just before age 15! Because off that and the 10 years off depression afterwards I made no friends during my teens and tweens, and as I found out later in life... I gets really hard to make them after this period, especially if your social skillset is underdeveloped as it was in my case... So welcome to ALL, and don't forget to go out into the real world every now and then ;)

Latest posts

Back