After a year, my CBT will start!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meaw

Reaction score
So after over and over hitting my head into a brick wall for a year, being sent between the psychiatrists and the doctors back and forth over again for any help (where I foremost asked to be able to get rid of my lifelong arachnophobia), I was at a meeting with a psychiatrist I may very well like. She told me I could start the eighth, a friday, and I got "homework" meanwhile since I asked for it. She also asked if I wanted some help after, which I said I'd really like to, so she should try to fix that - some group to help me with the time thing, though I don't remember the exact purpose, I was so happy.

I went home, and I just had my first "homework". I google searched for spiders, and then I jumped halfway through the room, but over the two minutes I got closer to the computer to sit down in front of the pictures for the last five seconds. It feels like a huge win. Relieved, tired, scared, happy.

Finally. Finally I can start working on this!
Hugs and happiness, Meaw

Meaw said:
So after over and over hitting my head into a brick wall for a year, being sent between the psychiatrists and the doctors back and forth over again for any help (where I foremost asked to be able to get rid of my lifelong arachnophobia), I was at a meeting with a psychiatrist I may very well like. She told me I could start the eighth, a friday, and I got "homework" meanwhile since I asked for it. She also asked if I wanted some help after, which I said I'd really like to, so she should try to fix that - some group to help me with the time thing, though I don't remember the exact purpose, I was so happy.

I went home, and I just had my first "homework". I google searched for spiders, and then I jumped halfway through the room, but over the two minutes I got closer to the computer to sit down in front of the pictures for the last five seconds. It feels like a huge win. Relieved, tired, scared, happy.

Finally. Finally I can start working on this!
Hugs and happiness, Meaw

Congradulations :)
I'm a bit phobic on critters too. Ironically, what helped me out was that we have an insectarium here in Montreal that offers up "critter dishes" at certain dates every year lol. Among them, spiders, cockroaches, weevils, you name it. Very tasty too. I find it's easier to fight your fear when you're eating them ;-)
Happy it's doing good, Meaw!

Good luck, Kitty! :)
I personally love spiders, but my god, roaches send me flying, so i hear you. I hear you....
Best of luck!

Good luck, Kittified One!

You sound pretty excited about this, I hope you'll be satisfied with the results.

I generally hate (I'm not actually afraid, more like disgusted by them) spiders, with the sole exception of jumping spiders. They're super cute and when it was warmer outside, I used to hang out with them in the garden.

Thanks, peoples ^_^ Just had the second one. I held my finger at the scariest picture for the last 50 seconds of the two minutes.
Day two. Yeah, if I get rid of the phoba, it'll be worth it. ****, was I sweating XD

Latest posts

Back