I just realized...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I am not lonely and depressed anymore. Its been a long time now that I haven't felt like that.

But this is not the end, I have some different issues and concerns now, but they are not worse. If I could deal with loneliness and depression, I don't think that these will be impossible to deal with. 

I just realized while talking to someone that my loneliness is gone. I read some of my threads that I wrote when I came here, and they are horrible. 
I just laugh at those now. I was in a desperate need of a female partner, and rejection from women had made my life miserable. 

At the beginning of the year, I made a resolution, to fight it.  It was a huge struggle, but the idea of never giving up ultimately worked.
And now, I am free from those. I feel better, it surely is a good feeling. I am spending more time doing the things I like, and I am learning new things everyday. 

This feeling of positivity gives me immense strength and and a sense of well being. 
I eat well, I sleep well, I meditate and exercise daily, lost a lot of weight.  I read and write everyday. I am doing different projects, taking courses, setting and achieving different goals. Its so much fun. I am able to talk to people.
Being alone is a kind of solitude for me now. 

The other side is good, and everyone deserves to be on that side. But I have to say, its not that easy, you will have to struggle to get to the other side. But its possible, if you want to do it. The reason why we don't give our best fight to loneliness and depression is that those two things give us a subtle comfort. But there is no such feeling as the feeling of not being lonely anymore. It makes you stronger, it makes you want to dance. It gives you freedom.

So come to the other side, it maybe a challenging path, but you have everything you need to fight that. So go for it, give your best fight and you will make it.

bleed_the_freak said:
The difference between loneliness and aloneness?

There is no fundamental difference between loneliness and aloneness, both are the same states of mind. 
The difference is our understanding of the same. If we misunderstand it, it becomes loneliness.  If we welcome it, it becomes aloneness. So yeah, loneliness is misunderstood aloneness.
Then, aloneness gives solitude. The feeling of "being alone" doesn't haunt anymore. And that's when loneliness becomes aloneness, which is our true nature, after all, we are born alone and die alone.

So there's no difference. But there's a difference. Gotcha!

Aloneness is the state of being alone - a practical situation.

Loneliness is the state of being alone and feeling sad/upset about it - an emotional/mental situation.

I could link definitions, but that would be exceedingly tedious.

bleed_the_freak said:
So there's no difference. But there's a difference. Gotcha!
We create the difference by how we perceive it. 
Its not a very difficult concept to grasp actually.

Aloneness is the state of being alone - a practical situation.

"aloneness gives solitude. The feeling of "being alone" doesn't haunt anymore. And that's when loneliness becomes aloneness, which is our true nature, after all, we are born alone and die alone."

Loneliness is the state of being alone and feeling sad/upset about it - an emotional/mental situation.

" If we misunderstand it, it becomes loneliness.  If we welcome it, it becomes aloneness."

I could link definitions, but that would be exceedingly tedious.

then don't.

bleed_the_freak said:

and we create the difference by how we perceive it or how we deal with it.  If you are sad about it, its called loneliness. Then it becomes a misery. Otherwise, its your solitude.

I told you, its not a very difficult concept.

See I could do this forever, but I have a life now. If this is all you want to keep doing, then go ahead. I have some other things to worry/care about so I won't be replying anymore. I have said what I wanted to say, get over yourself.

bowing_man.jpg

I've truly been bested.

Latest posts

Back