What do I even do with my life right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
Friday I went and picked up the ashes of my dogs. My vet made castings of their paws, and when I opened the bag and saw those I lost it. I miss them. I miss my life. 

Weekends suck so much right now. During the week, I am stronger, because I wrap myself in work, but by Friday I am so burnt out and exhausted, I just can't do anything else.

Today I slept all day. There was nothing else to do. Nothing to take care of, no reason to go outside. I am starting to hate this apartment. 

I really am trying to think positively. I know I get to build the dream house, and right now living in town is neat. I can walk over to a restaurant and eat, rather than have to drive 20 mins. 

Today, I just miss my life. I miss my dogs, and caring for them. I miss walking around outside in the country. I miss going home. 

Ugh, I wish this part of my life would just go away.

With what just happened, I don't even see why you should be placing any obligation on yourself to try and think positively. You have every right to feel how you feel.

Yup. You're doing exactly what you should be doing, Nicole. No one can blame you for that.
Sleep all that. Do that until you feel you don't need to do it anymore. When that happens, get up and start over.

Take heart. xox

Have you thought about getting another dog? Not to squander the memories of the old ones, but to keep you going. You obviously have a lot of care to give to them, and they do have a lot of care to give to humans. As a cat I may be biased, but I will give credit where credit is due. Together, you could make it through the tough time. At least, do design the dream house in a way that would make it good for dogs later on.

Take care, and I hope things will go your way a lot more than it has!

Meaw said:
Have you thought about getting another dog? Not to squander the memories of the old ones, but to keep you going. You obviously have a lot of care to give to them, and they do have a lot of care to give to humans. As a cat I may be biased, but I will give credit where credit is due. Together, you could make it through the tough time. At least, do design the dream house in a way that would make it good for dogs later on.

Take care, and I hope things will go your way a lot more than it has!

I have had people offer my puppies. I wasn't ready. I got my dogs' ashes on Friday, it was a little more closer for me. I got the nerve last night to email someone who has been breeding my dream dogs. What else do I have to lose. I am starting to think now, I do need a dog.

Latest posts

Back