What activities do you do to cope with the fact you dont have friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewOrder2016

Reaction score
I have no friends. I think the main activity that I do to cope with the fact that I dont have friends is entertain myself through humor.
I like reading funny books, watch comedies and make jokes in some forums/sites.

What about you?

Videogames, training, anything to pass the time. If I'm real bored, I'll go make some.

I work out fairly often, either going on bike rides. Going to the gym to work out by myself, or sometimes I'll go to a group exercise class and get a good work out in and get a little socialization with the other people there. Music also helps a lot, there are so many artists I loved to listen to. I also like to sometimes play thee guitar poorly and that helps to pass the time a little bit.

evanescencefan912 said:
I work out fairly often, either going on bike rides.  Going to the gym to work out by myself, or sometimes I'll go to a group exercise class and get a good work out in and get a little socialization with the other people there.  Music also helps a lot, there are so many artists I loved to listen to.  I also like to sometimes play thee guitar poorly and that helps to pass the time a little bit.

You, then must be a very lonely guy or look like this,
maxresdefault-108.jpg

NewOrder2016 said:
evanescencefan912 said:
I work out fairly often, either going on bike rides.  Going to the gym to work out by myself, or sometimes I'll go to a group exercise class and get a good work out in and get a little socialization with the other people there.  Music also helps a lot, there are so many artists I loved to listen to.  I also like to sometimes play thee guitar poorly and that helps to pass the time a little bit.

maxresdefault-108.jpg

Given that Evanescencefan is female, that would be pretty disturbing if true...

I will never again see Evfan without big huge muscles......

And for the thread's topic. I have some friends, but I more or less choose to be alone. The friends I have are similar to myself to where we can not talk or see each other for weeks or even months and we just jump right back into things like there was no absence at all.
Anyway, if I didn't have friends, I would likely find activities I could do where I could meet new people and find new friends. Volunteer more, join clubs/get togethers, start going to support groups again, etc etc.

I have two friends in real life but I see them very rarely (one time a some months). So I am alone.

What do I do to cope with loneliness? I spend very much time on the internet. I almost live on the internet. I try to find some interesting or entertaining things and websites, I try to find forums for talking. I still need some communication, so I use the internet. Only the internet provides my need for communication. Also I pass much the time playing computer games and listening to music.

Hidden said:
I have two friends in real life but I see them very rarely (one time a some months). So I am alone.

What do I do to cope with loneliness? I spend very much time on the internet. I almost live on the internet. I try to find some interesting or entertaining things and websites, I try to find forums for talking. I still need some communication, so I use the internet. Only the internet provides my need for communication. Also I pass much the time playing computer games and listening to music.

You remind me of myself. Today I play video games less...

You should try to read funny books such as 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.

Luckily, we have the internet.. otherwise we would have felt so socially isolated.

> «You should try to read funny books such as 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.»
I have almost no sense of humor and therefore cannot get pleasure reading funny books (or watching funny movies). I read more serious books instead.

> «Luckily, we have the internet..»
The internet gives us a chance for second life. I do not even know what would I do if I had no the internet. I already cannot live without it.

I try to do everything i would normally do with other people, and do them by myself. Not a long term solution i'm finding.

Volt said:
I try to do everything i would normally do with other people, and do them by myself. Not a long term solution i'm finding.

Same for me. I feel that I run out of activities.
I dont like playing video games as before, and I tend to read much less than I used to..
I experience more mood swings and feel that I need to invest more time in keeping my mind healthy.
I dont know how I reached such a bad situation.
Before I joined I started feeling very bad, and posting in this and a few other forums made my mood more stable.

^ I find that you just need to keep yourself occupied with stuff that you find engaging. Once you stop and slip up, you're done. It's hard to get back in again, much easier to maintain a flow.
I'm also running out of activities. I'm working on it, but not getting too far at the moment.
I'm the same regarding video games, i don't enjoy them anymore either. I played them a honeysuckle ton. Now i feel like they're just a waste of time for me.
Take care there.

[Image: maxresdefault-108.jpg]

Given that Evanescencefan is female, that would be pretty disturbing if true...

lolololo I can assure you guys I don't look like that :p

I have one friend in real life and one online friendship with a lady whom I haven't seen for about 50 years but who was my dearest childhood relationship: 9 years we knew one another, from primary 1 to secondary school 3rd form.....we were a couple of Yanks in a British school.

What do I do? I wait on and wipe up after my 93 yr old mood disordered mother; I maintain a 12 acre rural property; I live for 4 hours every Saturday selling bread, wooden toys, honey and handmade soap at the farmers market.....it closes in October and then I'm so depressed; I volunteer with the Master Gardeners where I met my one friend: and I teach beginning beekeeping one night a month at the local community college.

That really doesn't seem so awful......too bad I hate my life.

constant stranger said:
I have one friend in real life and one online friendship with a lady whom I haven't  seen for about 50 years but who was my dearest childhood relationship:  9 years we knew one another, from primary 1 to secondary school 3rd form.....we were a couple of Yanks in a British school.

What do I do?  I wait on and wipe up after my 93 yr old mood disordered mother; I maintain a 12 acre rural property; I live for 4 hours every Saturday selling bread, wooden toys, honey and handmade soap at the farmers market.....it closes in October and then I'm so depressed; I volunteer with the Master Gardeners where I met my one friend: and I teach beginning beekeeping one night a month at the local community college.

Me too constant stranger.
Have you tried establishing your own business. May be save some money aside and invest it in some business plan.
Or program apps at the weekends, something that could result in profit that would allow you to buy a new house.

i never had friends in my 29 years of my life; Internet has been my life that i spend time on, i search diffrrent forums and also i enjoy watching documentaries such as crime shows and all. i enjoy watching national geographic air crash investigation episodes after episodes, i feel awkward talking to people i just enjoy my alone time, i also enjoy driving with no destination just for fun it makes me happy

NewOrder2016 said:
constant stranger said:
I have one friend in real life and one online friendship with a lady whom I haven't  seen for about 50 years but who was my dearest childhood relationship:  9 years we knew one another, from primary 1 to secondary school 3rd form.....we were a couple of Yanks in a British school.

What do I do?  I wait on and wipe up after my 93 yr old mood disordered mother; I maintain a 12 acre rural property; I live for 4 hours every Saturday selling bread, wooden toys, honey and handmade soap at the farmers market.....it closes in October and then I'm so depressed; I volunteer with the Master Gardeners where I met my one friend: and I teach beginning beekeeping one night a month at the local community college.

Me too constant stranger.
Have you tried establishing your own business. May be save some money aside and invest it in some business plan.
Or program apps at the weekends, something that could result in profit that would allow you to buy a new house.

Yeah I've considered it.  Actually I'm doing it.  But a new house?  No.  I'm basically "married" to this property.....that's the best word for it.  I'll live here 'till I die.  I'm attached to the collected objets in the house, the trees we've planted on the grounds and the workshop in its own building.  And the rent from the farm a few miles away is my main income.
I won't be sorry to see mom go and dad's been gone (good riddance!) for 16 years.
My main goal for the years I have left is to manage to live contentedly with more gratification every day than distress.  I've never done that before.  Ever. 
It's good of you to reply.  Thank you.   :cool:

I stay in my room browsing the net, listen to my ipod. I also self medicate and cut myself. Ain't life grand?

Jafo said:
I stay in my room browsing the net, listen to my ipod. I also self medicate and cut myself. Ain't life grand?

How do you have the courage to cut yourself?
Doesnt it hurt?

Latest posts

Back