A lady accuses me of being a stalker today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
This is one of those instances where I have to share my experience that was very upsetting, and can ruin someone like myself month.  So I was in the neighborhood I am always around at the same time today. And sometimes I use the restroom at a tjmaxx neat by. About 30 seconds after I am walking out of the store I hear a woman say " hello stalker" I turn around and she snaps a photo of me. I was naturally taken aback a bit enraged as expected. I yell out never seen you before lady. Then I get the idea to run after her and i tried to snap her photo but faked it instead while using some expletives.  But this is a very odd occurance. And it really messes with me and on top of it I wonder what she will do with my photo?

Do you have anything to reproach yourself? If not, who cares what she does with your photo?
If she starts publishing it in papers or the web claiming you're a stalker, call the cops.
Seriously, why care? People are nuts.
Unless you really are a stalker, maybe she's on Diazepan.

How do you know she was serious? Sometimes when someone sees you in the same places, it's like a little joke and she could have taken your picture because she thought you were cute.

That said, there's not really enough information in that post to tell you anything. And there's not really much more you could tell us because I think we've already determined you aren't great at judging body language and tone of voice. But yeah, I would guess you overreacted a little.

As for how I would have dealt with it? I would have laughed and said hi, then kept walking.

TheRealCallie said:
How do you know she was serious?  Sometimes when someone sees you in the same places, it's like a little joke and she could have taken your picture because she thought you were cute.  

That said, there's not really enough information in that post to tell you anything.  And there's not really much more you could tell us because I think we've already determined you aren't great at judging body language and tone of voice.  But yeah, I would guess you overreacted a little.

As for how I would have dealt with it?  I would have laughed and said hi, then kept walking.

Callie she was serious. I usually have people like her who seem a little off, people who in general make me a little weary. Like the lady who lives near me. Believe me, she was serious you don't invade someones space and say hi stalker while sneaking up on them. I had a similar issue years ago which made me equally uncomfortable. Not a positive thing you want happening to you. Not even if you are a mentally stable person you don't want people calling you a stalker in your neighborhood. Then worrying about what they will do with your photo? People don't play games like this here in nyc or anywhere. And i don't either

You are aware that 50 people could take your photo without you knowing it on any given day, right?

And based on your other threads, I'm not 100% sure she was serious, even though you think she was. You've made negative assumptions about smaller things than this.

But, in the end, there's nothing you can do about it, so why let it bother you?

Restless soul said:
I had a similar issue years ago which made me equally uncomfortable.

That's the part I don't get. What do you mean? This isn't the first time someone called you a stalker? Did you know this person? Is there something you're not telling us? How can this happen TWICE in a lifetime if you're not doing something wrong? What was it you were doing, exactly? Do you ever follow people on the street for no reason? Was she just this random girl, or did you maybe go into a club or bar one night and grab her ass or something? It happens once, fine, it happens twice?
I've personally never been called a stalker in my life and I've been called a LOT of honeysuckle. So I don't get how this happens twice.

For the record, running after her and trying to grab the camera is a real bad idea. Makes you look real guilty for one thing.

TheRealCallie said:
You are aware that 50 people could take your photo without you knowing it on any given day, right?  

And based on your other threads, I'm not 100% sure she was serious, even though you think she was.  You've made negative assumptions about smaller things than this.  

But, in the end, there's nothing you can do about it, so why let it bother you?
Hello?? i have never saw this woman.
She came right up to my face and made it known she was taking my photo while calling me a stalker. Outright. This was not a person snapping photos surreptitiously.  If someone did that obviously it wouldn't trouble me. This woman came right up. And singled me out for some reason and made me feel like some sort of criminal

Richard_39 said:
Restless soul said:
I had a similar issue years ago which made me equally uncomfortable.

That's the part I don't get. What do you mean? This isn't the first time someone called you a stalker? Did you know this person? Is there something you're not telling us? How can this happen TWICE in a lifetime if you're not doing something wrong? What was it you were doing, exactly? Do you ever follow people on the street for no reason? Was she just this random girl, or did you maybe go into a club or bar one night and grab her ass or something? It happens once, fine, it happens twice?
I've personally never been called a stalker in my life and I've been called a LOT of honeysuckle. So I don't get how this happens twice.

For the record, running after her and trying to grab the camera is a real bad idea. Makes you look real guilty for one thing.
Ok, first let me start by saying hello Richard. 
And what I was referring to when I said it happened to me before was, a few years ago, there was another woman a different woman, who seemed like she was stalking me. Meaning any time she would see me she would whip her phone out and snap photos of me all while giving me dirty looks, making me feel suspicious. Similar but not the same. But both very odd unsual women. 

And I didn't try to grab her phone, i chased her to startle her tried to snap her photo like she done to me. But my camera wasnt even open So I just pretended to take her photo.
When she saw me she said " got you" because she took my photo. The upside is, let her think I got hers too

People that accuse strangers on the street of being stalkers because of totally random reasons... like driving a red car or scratching their nose a certain way. Very conspiracy theory/"the government is out to get me" type of people. Maybe she's one of those!

DarkSelene said:
People that accuse strangers on the street of being stalkers because of totally random reasons... like driving a red car or scratching their nose a certain way. Very conspiracy theory/"the government is out to get me" type of people. Maybe she's one of those!

Ok well she most certainly was a little wacky

I am curious what richard thinks

I'd report it to the police.

I don't care what anybody else here says.

They are entitled to their opinion.

And I'm entitled to mine.

The instant a woman drops the word "STALKER" in reference to me...

It's a literal race to see who can get to the cops first!

I'm gonna win that race.

Over the years, I've had run-ins with crazy nutters (some of which were female). Although I've never been directly called a "stalker", I've had weird ass bitches walk up out of the blue and say/do crazy-ass things for no reason. People I'd never seen, noticed, anything.

My brother once had a woman call the police on him for stalking because she "always saw his car driving past" at the same time of day. It was a major highway, he drove a big pimped out Cadillac that was baby-blue with white leather on top (very unique) and he went to work at the same time, the same route, every day.

Creepy ass honeysuckle.

bleed_the_freak said:

I'm gonna win that race.

Over the years, I've had run-ins with crazy nutters (some of which were female). Although I've never been directly called a "stalker", I've had weird ass bitches walk up out of the blue and say/do crazy-ass things for no reason. People I'd never seen, noticed, anything.

My brother once had a woman call the police on him for stalking because she "always saw his car driving past" at the same time of day. It was a major highway, he drove a big pimped out Cadillac that was baby-blue with white leather on top (very unique) and he went to work at the same time, the same route, every day.

Creepy ass honeysuckle.
Right. I am with you. Especially when it's right in your own neighborhood. Similar to your brother did this woman see me every day? Could be, that is the area I go to every day. Usually I am very aware of my surroundings and people, but don't care if she saw me 100 times. Certainly not stalking her. That was for **** sure.

I'm sorry, but why is it that the person who posts the thread seems to always be 100% in the right and the person they are talking about is batshit crazy or completely in the wrong. You are all aware that there are 3 sides to every story, right? One side, the other side and then the truth. Not just saying this about this specific thread, but all over the forum. Hell, all over the internet.

Maybe this girl honestly does think Restless is stalking her. Maybe she has logical reasons to think that he is, if she was serious. All we have to go on is what Restless says. It's most likely her neighborhood too and if she was serious and not a gang banger and not insane or whatever, you might be throwing off warning signs to others that you aren't aware of.
I'm not calling him a liar, not by any means, but it's pretty clear from his other threads that he isn't the best judge and doesn't always know how he is presenting himself when he goes out.

But again, nothing you can do. Even if she does go to the **** cops, they can't do anything without evidence and one close up picture is hardly evidence. So you would be fine either way, right?

And sorry, but if I saw a big ole pimpmobile driving by my house every day, I might get a little concerned too, if I was on the paranoid side or had previous issues with honeysuckle like that.

Well, Callie, I can't argue with anything you've said. My approach to forums is to take original poster's at their word and the implied spirit of their message.

There are always two (or three) sides to every story. I agree.

But I'm responding - in good faith - to one side of the story. The side presented to me, the reader.

Nothing personal, but feel free to share your take on things and I'll share mine.

It's a big world!

PS: I guess my brother is lucky he didn't have to drive past your house on his way to work too! Or he may have had TWO crazy women calling the cops on an honest, hardworking commuter LOL.

Restless soul said:
bleed_the_freak said:

I'm gonna win that race.

Creepy ass honeysuckle.
Right. I am with you. Especially when it's right in your own neighborhood. Similar to your brother did this woman see me every day? Could be, that is the area I go to every day. Usually I am very aware of my surroundings and people, but don't care if she saw me 100 times. Certainly not stalking her. That was for **** sure.

Dude.

I'da been on the phone to the cops so fast it would have looked like I was giving cunni to my Samsung in that parking lot!

Ok, callie fair enough. Especially agree with
Your last two paragraphs. That is comforting.
But as far as when I go out. I am certainly well aware of how I come across and aware of others and not offensive to others.
True, no idea what she thinks, assumes
Not a pleasant thing none the less to have this sort of interaction when you are just going about your day, not wrong, not right. Here to vent relate and cope

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, you definitely are.  This thread isn't nearly as bad as some others.  I just get annoyed seeing the OP (who no one really knows) automatically being the saint and the other person (also who no one knows) being the nasty ***** who deserves whatever punishment can be enacted.

No one is 100% to blame.  If the girl was serious and not batshit crazy or being funny/flirting, chances are good that restless was doing something (likely unnoticed by him) that she felt threatened by.

Oh and i'm not paranoid, so I wouldn't call the cops on the pimpmobile. Lol
Even if I was paranoid, I'd likely call friends before the cops.

No worries. I didn't take offence.

I've read his other threads and he may be misrepresenting the situation. That is a possibility.

However, I cannot possibly know that.

So, perhaps a caveat before my post...

Almost like Python:

IF:
> Things are as you've described them
THEN:
> I'da called the cops on that crazy *****
ELSE:
> Stop going outside

Latest posts

Back