Paid dating sites - are they any different?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msbxa

Reaction score
Another topic on dating sites, yeah I know that most people don't have good experiences with them. It is nothing new to me to hear countless times about guys that go on those sites and can't get any replies. I've experienced it too, can send numerous messages and get nothing except maybe a profile view which is sometimes even worse because then you know you have been rejected. Women on the dating sites apparently get hundreds of messages, so I guess can say they have a different problem, but they do have options (even though most of them are not good) to pick the best. So really for an average guy has little to no chance.

But I've only ever joined free dating sites. I figure why pay only to be rejected still?  But I wonder, are paid dating sites the same? Who has tried them and what have been your experiences? 

I've joined a few, ones in which allow you to create a profile, but then have to pay to send messages, and I've actually received things indicating interest. Things such as views, winks, likes, or just such and such is interested or likes your profile. Being a paid dating site, I take this to mean one of two things: One is that because it is not free, members are more serious about meeting someone and the women don't get hundreds of messages like on the free sites, or two (which I suspect is more likely the case) is that these likes, interests, and such are not real but automatically generated to trick people and get them to pay. ?

I think, in some cases, people are more serious on the paid dating sites, since they have to fork over money to be involved in it.
But, keep in mind that even the paid ones aren't some magical place that will make all your dreams come true (There is a slight chance it could find you the man of your dreams, though :p ). It's just like the real world.

Whether you do it or not is up to you, and you will get a lot of negative comments about them (you know you will. lol). I do know a few people who are happily married from the paid sites....but I also know some happy couples from unpaid sites.

Also, just because someone is drop dead gorgeous, doesn't mean they are the "best." I have chosen "average" people over "good looking" people before. Seriously, you people (I mean most of the world, not just you) need to get over your obsession with looks an stop with the "average" and "normal" crap.

TheRealCallie said:
Also, just because someone is drop dead gorgeous, doesn't mean they are the "best." I have chosen "average" people over "good looking" people before. Seriously, you people (I mean most of the world, not just you) need to get over your obsession with looks an stop with the "average" and "normal" crap.

Haha, maybe most people will assume they mean looks when it comes to saying "average/best", but I didn't quite mean just that. Like I feel that I am average not because of looks, (my looks are not really THAT bad, and I'm in alright shape), but I feel that I'm not a good catch because of else reasons. Like for example I don't have the best personality, tastes, passions, interests that are typically desirable/attractive.

Thanks for reply.

msbxa said:
TheRealCallie said:
Also, just because someone is drop dead gorgeous, doesn't mean they are the "best."  I have chosen "average" people over "good looking" people before. Seriously, you people (I mean most of the world, not just you) need to get over your obsession with looks an stop with the "average" and "normal" crap.

Haha, maybe most people will assume they mean looks when it comes to saying "average/best", but I didn't quite mean just that. Like I feel that I am average not because of looks, (my looks are not really THAT bad, and I'm in alright shape), but I feel that I'm not a good catch because of else reasons. Like for example I don't have the best personality, tastes, passions, interests that are typically desirable/attractive.

Thanks for reply.

Well holy honeysuckle, I stand corrected (though everything I said is still true. Lol)

What do you mean by not having the best personality?   
Tastes, passions, interests shouldn't be that big of a factor.  Obviously it's good to have a few things in common, but unless your passion is illegal or something like that, it's, to me, one of the good things about dating....being exposed to new things, working the different tastes into a relationship, compromising and all that honeysuckle.

TheRealCallie said:
What do you mean by not having the best personality?   
Tastes, passions, interests shouldn't be that big of a factor.  Obviously it's good to have a few things in common, but unless your passion is illegal or something like that, it's, to me, one of the good things about dating....being exposed to new things, working the different tastes into a relationship, compromising and all that honeysuckle.

I don't have any abnormal passions or anything, I just know that I'm not that desirable of a person, I don't really know why exactly, I just know it is so because what I've experienced, or could say lack of experienced. 
The thing is with free dating sites, because women get so many messages, and because a lot of people don't even take it seriously, I think for a guy you got to be the best / most desirable to have success on there. For me I'm just simply not good enough, no matter what I say I think, to even get a chance. Wondering if paid dating sites are any different, possibly because of less competition and the members taking the whole thing more serious.

Paid dating sites work a bit better (at least for me) probably because people are a bit more serious when they need to pay membership :)

There is more to life than hookups...not everyone is looking for that and I don't really think the OP was looking for that, in particular. Give it a rest about the low quality site you keep posting everywhere, pretty sure we got the point....

Latest posts

Back