Hello all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

negitive_copy

Reaction score
So I was googling the other night about being lonely and I stumbled upon this website and decided to join.

I'm a 31 year old female who is currently living in Melbourne (Australia), I moved here four years ago from the UK.
considerer a friend lives a 3 hour train ride and then some time on a coach away. So most of my time is spent working, at the gym and then alone. I can go a long time without have a non work related conversation with anyone and it's just so.... lonely!

I've gotten to the point where I don't even know if I know how to make friends.
This is not how I intended my life to be.

I hope you have all has wonderful days xo

I stumbled in here much the same way. You have moved to a lovely place. I hope you can make it work out in the end.

Hi Negative copy welcome to the forum :)

I can sort of relate I'm not really sure how to make friends anymore, and the closest friend I have left lives 45mins away but is always busy school and then they might move away once they finish school :/

It's good that at least you have work and the gym to kill some time, have you tried meetup.com? It's a site that let's you meetup with people in the area who have similar interests as you.

Leaving the UK and starting over in Oz in the prime years of life is an awfully big change, I'd think. I know what it's like to move to a different continent and culture and to be obliged to relearn social skills (like how to make friends) that one once took for granted . Been there done that. I can't fix things for you but I hope this forum is good for you. Nice to have you here, negative_copy.

Latest posts

Back