Am I too ugly for a girl to like me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a 20-year-old guy, 5.5 foot tall, 166 pounds. I'm not attractive, not handsome. I've been a university student for two years now and I've only attracted a few ugly girls. the beautiful ones always ignore me. it feels terrible, I'm starting to feel more and more inferior to other guys and it's terrible. makes me hate myself I just don't know what to do now, I honestly don't know why I'm posting this. probably because I want to do something about this but don't know what to do.

I posted my picture on this thread. check it out and please Give me your thoughts, anything at all.
and please don't tell me I'm not ugly if you don't mean it.

thanks

Attachments

• ۀونلی.jpg
    ۀونلی.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 54
Colin.winterfell said:
I've been a university student for two years now and I've only attracted a few ugly girls. the beautiful ones always ignore me.

You've only attracted a few ugly girls? Well, goodness forbid. I care less about your physical looks, and more about the ugliness in your personality. That statement that you made holds zero attractiveness all on its own.

VanillaCreme said:
Colin.winterfell said:
I've been a university student for two years now and I've only attracted a few ugly girls. the beautiful ones always ignore me.

You've only attracted a few ugly girls? Well, goodness forbid. I care less about your physical looks, and more about the ugliness in your personality. That statement that you made holds zero attractiveness all on its own.

I made that statement because I'm not gonna attract anyone here, my purpose is to know if I'm actually as ugly as I think I am or not.

Colin.winterfell said:
VanillaCreme said:
Colin.winterfell said:

I made that statement because I'm not gonna attract anyone here, my purpose is to know if I'm actually as ugly as I think I am or not.
I think you look fairly avarage neither either extreme but of course you are vertically challenged so maybe set your sites on the tinier attractive women.

Wouldn't matter to me if you were handsome or not. The attitude you put towards not attracting the "right" people is a nasty one. To each their own, I suppose, but I think that's an awful attitude to have.

you aren't ugly, just normal. If you fell inferior, why not starting working out? I have made the same thing years ago to boost my confidence and it worked

I have to agree with Nilla on this one. Stop concerning yourself so **** much with looks and start worrying about what you can bring to a relationship.....whether it's with an "ugly" girl or not. You date the PERSON, not their exterior.

Colin.winterfell said:
VanillaCreme said:
Colin.winterfell said:

[/
Women probably sense that attitude. The lack of tact you display here might also be apparent in real life. Women probably sense a certain attitude about you.

You have a decent facial structure, and you can work out to give yourself more physical presence to compensate for your height.

TheRealCallie said:
I have to agree with Nilla on this one.  Stop concerning yourself so **** much with looks and start worrying about what you can bring to a relationship.....whether it's with an "ugly" girl or not.  You date the PERSON, not their exterior.

Don't you think you're being a bit idealistic? looks matter in a relationship, a relative beauty is one of the essential criteria when it comes to relationships.

Colin.winterfell said:
TheRealCallie said:
I have to agree with Nilla on this one.  Stop concerning yourself so **** much with looks and start worrying about what you can bring to a relationship.....whether it's with an "ugly" girl or not.  You date the PERSON, not their exterior.

Don't you think you're being a bit idealistic? looks matter in a relationship, a relative beauty is one of the essential criteria when it comes to relationships.

No, I don't think I'm being a bit idealistic.  Also, NO ONE is "ugly," when it comes to looks.  EVERYONE is unique and has their own good and bad qualities.  Look don't really matter all the much, when you consider the entire package.

I would rather have an "ugly" sweetheart than a "gorgeous" *******....

To be fair, you've already answered that you're not too ugly to get a girl... but you're managing to turn off the girls with the physicals qualities that you would prefer. Maybe it's that you're 5'5, as one poster quipped (although I'm 5'7 and I've pulled taller girls by having a bigger outward personality... it's not impossible, but we are punching upward so-to-speak), maybe you're not projecting yourself correctly (consider yourself to be a product that you're selling... your outward projection of self may not be what you think it is), or maybe it's that you keep calling the "hot girls'" friends ugly.

Look, I'll be honest and tell you that you're an average-looking guy. You can't use your looks as an excuse for failure in this field, and instead need to accept that it's your approach to getting the girl of your dreams. Are you coming off as creepy or uninteresting to them? Do you actually talk to them, or play the awkward eye contact game but never approach?

Also, while it may be tempting to go after the girl that you consider the most attractive in the room, you're going to find more happiness by going after the girl that you click with, and have the most chemistry with.

You might also reconsider your decision to label those that you're not as attracted to as ugly, when you yourself are struggling to date upwards just as they might be. Imagine if the girl of your dreams made a post on here to equal yours "I'm trying to get a hot boyfriend but this ugly guy keeps hitting on me"... it's a toxic way of thinking, and it's ugly no matter who does it.

Personality does have a lot to do with it,confidence and humour,I have come across men who haven't been particularly attractive but have had so much female attention because of their personality.

Hoarse Whisperer said:
To be fair, you've already answered that you're not too ugly to get a girl... but you're managing to turn off the girls with the physicals qualities that you would prefer. Maybe it's that you're 5'5, as one poster quipped (although I'm 5'7 and I've pulled taller girls by having a bigger outward personality... it's not impossible, but we are punching upward so-to-speak), maybe you're not projecting yourself correctly (consider yourself to be a product that you're selling... your outward projection of self may not be what you think it is), or maybe it's that you keep calling the "hot girls'" friends ugly.

Look, I'll be honest and tell you that you're an average-looking guy. You can't use your looks as an excuse for failure in this field, and instead need to accept that it's your approach to getting the girl of your dreams. Are you coming off as creepy or uninteresting to them? Do you actually talk to them, or play the awkward eye contact game but never approach?

Also, while it may be tempting to go after the girl that you consider the most attractive in the room, you're going to find more happiness by going after the girl that you click with, and have the most chemistry with.

You might also reconsider your decision to label those that you're not as attracted to as ugly, when you yourself are struggling to date upwards just as they might be. Imagine if the girl of your dreams made a post on here to equal yours "I'm trying to get a hot boyfriend but this ugly guy keeps hitting on me"... it's a toxic way of thinking, and it's ugly no matter who does it.

look, I AM projecting myself correctly, and I don't come across as creepy. I just seem to get rejected because of my looks every time I text a girl. they never tend to keep the conversation going and clearly have no interest in taking to me. they like better-looking boys
so how should my approach be?
and I don't tell the girls I approach that I think I'm ugly, so my opinion about my looks has nothing to do with their attitude toward me

How exactly do you KNOW you are projecting yourself the right way? Lol, that's pretty much impossible for anyone to do on their own.
You THINK you are projecting yourself right, that doesn't mean you are.

Think you may come across as desparate, relationships of any description take time to evolve,maybe be less intent on keeping the conversation going and maybe exploring what interests you might have in common, being with someone just for the sake of being with someone is fraught with many unstable bridges spanning cavernous depths into the swirling crocodile infested waters far below. Attractiveness is subjective ,crocodiles don't even consider the concept ...or so I thought !!

Recent research indicates many crocodiles would probably consider themselves to fall into one or other of the two catorgories ,attractive , unattractive this has little impact on their decision making capacity as your body hurtles toward them from a dizzying height sometimes just living in the moment is the best option, rarely will a crocodile take time to reflect on how he or she is regarded by his or her fellows but I guess crocodiles pretty much have a whole other agenda going on, although crocodile skin shoes and handbags seem to imply they're not adverse to making an effort to impress.

Colin.winterfell said:
look, I AM projecting myself correctly, and I don't come across as creepy. I just seem to get rejected because of my looks every time I text a girl. they never tend to keep the conversation going and clearly have no interest in taking to me. they like better-looking boys
so how should my approach be?

Sounds like Tinder, don't expect people to care about anything but your looks on Tinder -- that's why it works the way that it does.

Colin.winterfell said:
and I don't tell the girls I approach that I think I'm ugly, so my opinion about my looks has nothing to do with their attitude toward me

Not really about telling them, there are many ways people show their insecurities.

bleed_the_freak said:
I would live a life of celibacy before participating in a honeysuckle-parade like Tinder.

Many crocodiles would probably take issue with that, although it's true to say they don't often appear on Tinder, there was the one occasion but to be honest compulsive biting isn't really my thing and frankly claiming it was just an expression of affection was pretty far fetched.

sothatwasmylife said:
bleed_the_freak said:
I would live a life of celibacy before participating in a honeysuckle-parade like Tinder.

Many crocodiles would probably take issue with that, although it's true to say they don't often appear on Tinder, there was the one occasion but to be honest compulsive biting isn't really my thing and frankly claiming it was just an expression of affection was pretty far fetched.

I have no idea and am afraid to ask...

Latest posts

Back