Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I'm back. It's been a while...around two years since I left. A lot of new changes in that time and probably a lot of new members here. I got my first car, learned some personal finance, got my first paying job. etc.

Just wanted to say hey. :shy:

Welcome back SophiaGrace.

Wow, a lot of firsts for you. And big ones at that too! Very good.

I like finances... what new things have your learned? I've been trying to encourage my son to start investing and not wait like I did (my parents never taught me about that and by the time I learned, I was behind the curve.)

hug.gif

Drew said:
Welcome back SophiaGrace.

Wow, a lot of firsts for you. And big ones at that too! Very good.

I like finances... what new things have your learned? I've been trying to encourage my son to start investing and not wait like I did (my parents never taught me about that and by the time I learned, I was behind the curve.)

hug.gif

Yeah unfortunately I am trying to do catch-up with things I should've been doing as a teenager. First car. First (minimum wage) job. It feels so good to work for money since all I did before was volunteer and internship stuff. I put my wages directly into this investment app called Acorn. On $20 alone in 3 days I've gotten 6 cents back. That's a hell of a lot more than I get in my checking account. The fee for it per month is $1 but I figure if I bump up the amount of money in that account enough that the fee won't matter. Plus it converts to .25% if you put 5k in Acorn. It's idiot proof for a know-nothing investment person like myself.

I think I've learned though that the two things that matter in life are your salary and your investment. Then you can easily become a millionaire by the time you retire. Maybe even more than a millionaire if you choose the right profession.

I am thinking of opening an IRA too but don't know how those work yet.

It's good you're teaching your son because, like you, I am 28 and behind the 8 ball and with investing...time counts. Two years ago I didn't even know how to work a debit card. Sad, I know but being on SSI for a decade doesn't exactly teach you about personal finance because they want to make sure you only have 2k in your account at all times. Meaning, they want you to stay poor forever.

SophiaGrace said:
I need to leave again. Love you all. <3

That's really too bad, because from what I've read of your posts, you're a very interesting person.

Latest posts

Back