What are your best ways to cope with loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hobbies and activities, to keep myself from getting bored such as cycling and going to the gym, sometimes I play the guitar though I'm not very good at it, going for walks, browsing the internet and listening to music is nice too.

* Hobbies
* Listening to radio or podcasts
* Going for walks
* Volunteering
* Talking to family

Not a good circle of friends, but it works out most days.

Honestly, Minecraft. I used to tease my kids about it, because the graphics are "backwards" from modern games. Finally, after much prodding over the years, my son made me sit down and play with him. I loved it. I enjoy building things. I enjoy exploring. After I learned the game, I play on hard survival mode. Even doing tedious tasks such as removing a mountain because it is in the way is almost theraputic. There are so many things you can do with the game and by keeping it in "hard" mode, it keeps me on my toes. Sometimes I die (and if I am the only one playing, I will usually revert to the last saved. Sometimes that has meant losing nearly an hours worth of work, but my gear would take a lot longer to replace.)

Other things...
Watch a new series on Netflix/Hulu
Watch an old series again (I love House, M.D.)
Youtube (find out about new and interesting topics, things you haven't looked into before...I once thought about starting my own channel and did a lot of research into that.)
Read
Walk, nature trails (we don't have a good nature trail near where I live right now.)
Ride my motorcycle (listening to music while I ride)
Other hobbies...

Listening to music,I probably spend more time doing that than anything. 

Volunteering

Watching films on Netflix 

Going to meet ups when i'm able to as I like being out there meeting other people 

Going for walks 

Reading books on the kindlle on my phone

For me That is a question I ponder a lot. I guess it be my hobbies. Working on my truck, Driving my truck even if its just down the road and back, the diesel engine seems to help me feel better.. Um My dog seems to make me give him a lot of attention. and also music depending on my mood depends on the genera.

Latest posts

Back