Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about going vegan. Is anyone here a vegan?
When they perfect 100% lab grown meat and have it available for mass production will you eat it?
Not if it tastes like meat
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

Much like my signature....
[Image: 25-mnd977rsrs9uy2653fnzrt8zaqezie54jdqs6voa00.jpg]
(03-11-2018, 07:16 PM)TheLoadedDog Wrote: Rotten?  Sushi is really fresh.  They make sure of it for health reasons, precisely because it is raw.  Of course, raw fish is only one subset of sushi.  A lot of it is vegetarian, rice based with non-seafood bits and pieces.

LOL NO! The minute you kill something it's rotting. You keep it on ice, but it's decomposing So sushi is ROTTING FISH.
There. I said it. And I don't feel guilty ;-)

I tried several times, I'll never be a sushi person. It just tastes so weird....but you know, good for those who enjoy it. And the funny thing is, coming from a fishing family, I love fish. But the taste of it raw is...I dunno, just wrong. There's nothing like a cooked Ouananiche, but I wouldn't eat it cold with rice and weird sauce on it.
And that's always been a puzzle to me too. Because I love rice, love most veggie products (except tofu, which tastes like my boots if cooked wrong) and fish. But mixed them all and it tastes funny.
But you know, more power to those who love it lol.
(03-12-2018, 09:34 AM)kamya Wrote: When they perfect 100% lab grown meat and have it available for mass production will you eat it?

I don't think I can eat anything lab grown. Reminds me of soylent green. Then again there was nothing green about soylent green...
(03-12-2018, 09:34 AM)kamya Wrote: When they perfect 100% lab grown meat and have it available for mass production will you eat it?
I wonder how much lab meat would take to grow in order to sustain society and the cost of it would be.
I read not long ago on an article in the paper that if everyone in the world became vegan tomorrow morning, we would all die of starvation within a few years. Apparently the capacity for agriculture is not even close to what would be needed for a fully non-animal products society.
Interesting.
I had 100% Vegan lunch yesterday,,,,,,

I like weggies
What did you have Old Dog?
If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours
This is a good read while eating my Buffalo Wings

/carry on
(03-16-2018, 08:57 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: This is a good read while eating my Buffalo Wings

/carry on

Cauliflower "buffalo wings"? Club
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

Much like my signature....
[Image: 25-mnd977rsrs9uy2653fnzrt8zaqezie54jdqs6voa00.jpg]