Being ugly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is ugly it's me. Now cheer up people,smile, and eat some bacon like I'm planing on doing after I hit post.

i am 0 of 10 on the look scale, which have give me BDD. being ugly has destroyed my life.

I'm very ugly too. It hasn't destroyed my life, but my inability to cope with my inferiority certainly has. I am so tired of hating the fact that no one likes me. Algae never cries itself to sleep because no one likes it, why do I have to be different?

I am also ugly. I have not had a lasting girlfriend since my divorce ten years ago. One thing I remember towards the end of my marriage was my wife showing me a video I was in and taunting, 'that's you! that's what you look like.' It was horrible.
Sometimes I wanna go live in a cave, other times I just wish this life would end. Suicide is out.
I don't about the old days, but to be ugly in modern times is hell.
Oh I don't know what my avatar is from looking here but it could be a fairly handsome one. But that's not what I look like. It's just that one out of twenty pics that turned out OK.

M_also_lonely said:
Outer beauty doesn't matter much. What matters, is what's inside.

Except for when nobody wants the "inner" you either. Being ugly, and unwanted, I can tell you, it makes you feel like a monster.

Cucuboth said:
M_also_lonely said:
Outer beauty doesn't matter much. What matters, is what's inside.

Except for when nobody wants the "inner" you either. Being ugly, and unwanted, I can tell you, it makes you feel like a monster.

I never said it was for others.

Xpendable said:
People only care about the inner when they already like the outer.

Not really. It's possible to care about someone before even knowing what they look like.

Xpendable said:
People only care about the inner when they already like the outer.

It's more that they 'see' good traits in attractive people they want to see them in.

This is going to sound like a cliche and I will post it in similar threads, so apologies for that, but it has to be said.
I felt as bad as its possible to feel and was diagnosed with BDD after the fact but prior to that I was very close to it if not actually there.
But - Things Can Change.
I promise you. I'm proof of it.

I went from self-conscious/BDD to all of a sudden, no idea what changed, getting asked out by someone, then in a store having three (too) young girls come over and sit behind me, I heard 'I know i saw him as as soon as he came in' - i turned around to see them sitting behind me looking up gooily.
I'd had the occasional good thing, as much as the occasional bad thing and was feeling okay, normal, but that blew my mind.

I hope the same happens to everyone feeling that way, except to embody it of course.

Some of the cutest girls I know are UGLY as all hell.
Sad part is they are likely going to spend the rest of their lives not knowing it or understanding why. Lots of sad sityuations come out of it sometimes, like "it seems I only like pricks".
Everyone should be born with a small mirror around their necks and be forced to look at themselves and what their doing wrong. Periodically. For their own goods.

Richard_39 said:
Sad part is they are likely going to spend the rest of their lives not knowing it or understanding why. Lots of sad sityuations come out of it sometimes, like "it seems I only like pricks".
Everyone should be born with a small mirror around their necks and be forced to look at themselves and what their doing wrong. Periodically. For their own goods.

Then they're not ugly. Observe me from profile and you'll know what ugly is. Last thing I need is a permanently attached mirror.

ardour said:
Richard_39 said:

Then they're not ugly. Observe me from profile and you'll know what ugly is. Last thing I need is a permanently attached mirror.

That's what YOU see. Doesn't mean that's what everyone I see.
I'd die for a lot of ugly people, you know. Maybe it's because they ain't as ugly as they seem to think.

Latest posts

Back