Potential First Date Stood Me Up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I've been texting with this girl I like for the past couple weeks. She agreed to meet up with me and go for lunch as friends this past saturday. Of course she never showed. Pathetically I waited in my car for 2 hours and fell asleep for about 2 more, holding out hope. She never texted me she couldn't make it. In fact she's not texted me at all since. I knew in the back of my mind this would happen but it still depresses me. I'd just once like to know what its like to meet up with a girl and take her out somewhere. Even if I end up completely screwing it up afterwards, I just want that experience. Oh well. I don't blame her, guess she found someone better to spend an afternoon with.[/font]

"Generic comment about how it may be possible she had a really good reason not to go and don't text back"

Unless she had some sort of serious emergency, theres no excuse for this behavior. Cut her off immediately. People who do stuff like this have serious character issues. You do not want to have any part of them. I dont mean ghost but I do mean distance yourself and never look back. Believe me this is not a 'one time' thing. They will repeat this behavior. You dont want people like this as your friend or partner. You are a human being. No matter how lonely or desperate you might be you deserve better then this.

Confront her. That is bullshit but it sounds like the typical behavior of today's women. They are all about ghosting men.

She has no respect for your time, and therefore no respect for you.

Confroting her could backfire (worst case, your message gets screenshotted and spammed over social media) and make you look desperate. Just leave it: don't contact her and if she messages you, ignore it.

Xpendable said:
"Generic comment about how it may be possible she had a really good reason not to go and don't text back"

Is it possible for you to not be a smartass about things all the time? Most of your comments lately are highly unnecessary, when you could just say things without being sarcastic. It's really tiring.

Once upon a time I was stood up as well. I was so excited, my boss even let me leave work early because I was clearly not going to get any work done.

I called, left messages, texted her... Hours afterwards and said she was held up at a family birthday party and couldn't get away. Of course why couldn't she have texted me at ANY time during the party? Why didn't she respond until hours later? I don't know. I tried to talk to her on the phone but she would only respond to text messages. It was a major disappointment. To make matters worse, many of my coworkers new what a big deal this was for me and how excited I was.... so come Monday, I had to tell the story many times over. I did not talk to the girl again after that night.

Another girl did the same thing, when she responded, she said she was in the ER with her son, so I decided we would try again. The next time, she stood me up again. Never responded, but later, she sent me a friend request on FB. I accepted and looked up her activity for our first date. Yeah, she was out partying with her friends.

People who are inconsiderate of others are not worth your time. They will always be inconsiderate.

I know your pain. I hope your next attempt will go better for you.

"Is it possible for you to not be a smartass about things all the time? Most of your comments lately are highly unnecessary, when you could just say things without being sarcastic. It's really tiring."

I fell I have to emphasize the irony in order to show the bigger picture of human relations. It tends to save time.

Happened to my daughter last year. I wrote the story what happened but I'll
Just cut and paste it. But turn out the guy turn into a transgender after she stood her up. But still an *******.

My daughter earlier this afternoon was going to meet a fellow off the website plenty of fish. They were going to meet at a restaurant. He texted her that he was on his way. My daughter asked me to come for protection purposes. Even though she's 20 but she wanted me there still,So I sat at a table with a friend of mine a few feet back to make it not as obvious I will be observing.

So she waits, he doesn't show up, okay the guy must be running late? So we continue to drink our sodas talking while she is waiting. Some more time goes by, no sign of this guy so she gets a little worried. I texted her to calm down and call him. She did no answer. More time goes by and again no sign of him. Now she's getting mad. So she went back on the website to check his status which read "online now" so she messages him on there, then a message pops up saying "this user has block you" and then the waterworks comes out of her.

I felt so terrible for her. The rest of the afternoon she's sitting in her room crying,confused,and baffled that someone would do this too someone. I'm at a lost for words. I can only tell her so much to forget him he's not worth it if he is a piece of honeysuckle too you. But she's not hearing that right now.

This person is a scumbag to do this to anyone!!

Same happened with me 2 years ago, i was supposed to meet this girl at red lobster we had planned everything week before and i also took half day off from work as well, We were supposed to meet at 12pm and i made sure i was there at 1030am (at that time she was still texting me saying she is getting ready and all) after 11 did not hear anything from her at all i waited there till 4pm i SPENT 6 hours at a parking lot waiting on lady that never showed up at. untill she text me at 4 saying she is sorry that she fell asleep, i said politely its ok and i stopped talking to her.
so i know how you feel plus the drive going back home was so awful good thing was i did not tell anybody i was going for a date so nobody knew about that day

It's not just women who ghost,men have a tendency to do it too. This standing up thing happens quite a bit and although it doesn't seem like it now,she probably did you a favour because if there isn't a genuine reason why she has done this,do you really want to waste more time on a woman like that? did you actually meet this person in real life first or is this someone you met on the internet? if it's online,how do you know it wasn't a scam or some kid or some really old bloke,i'm just saying :)

I have been stood up,I was supposed to meet this guy at a pub for a drink,even travelled took two buses to get to him and even told me on the day that he would be there...no show...and I waited like 30 minutes,then left and took myself to lunch,went on a shopping spree and when he did finally text to say that he was unable to make it and made some lame excuse,I knew I had been stood up. Instead of being angry with the guy,it sounds stupid but I thanked him because it gave me the opportunity to explore a different place. He then started pursuing me,but I just blocked him. I am now with a really great guy,early days but that point is someone better will be out there.

Latest posts

Back