Any suggestions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLonely79

Reaction score
Well, I need something to get addicted to. I need an escape. All my old ones have lost my interest a long time ago and have found barely anything that seems fun or interesting since. Anyone have any good game ideas? What is popular right now?

Thanks so much

What sort of game MissLonely70? Board, computer, word, number.. for one person or multiple players?

Omnione said:
What sort of game MissLonely70? Board, computer, word, number.. for one person or multiple players?

I'm literally down for any that are good!

I love sudoku, but not online. I bought 3 books called "Pocket Posh Sudoku" from Barnes & Nobles. They are smaller books and I take one with me often. Anytime I am waiting for something, I open it and begin a puzzle.

I do play Freecell on the computer. Almost every game is winnable. I have not encountered any that aren't, but there are supposed to be a couple of possibilities that you cannot win.

One of my friends loves Kingdom Hearts (she plays it on her phone.) I also had Candy Crush on my old phone, haven't re-downloaded it, but that is good for killing time.

Watching TED talks on Youtube... (usually one of the talks will get me interested in something I ran down that rabbit hole)

Check out "Wait, but why" - https://waitbutwhy.com/

Or "This is why I'm broke" - https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

Board games are fun, but you need people to play. Quelf (make the rule no pics or videos are allowed!) is a LOT of fun. Apples to Apples (I have the Big Bang Theory party game, which is very similar). 3 or 4 person chess (I do not have the 3 person one, but I do have the 4 person version... there are gaps in the rules for that one.)

Drew said:
I love sudoku, but not online. I bought 3 books called "Pocket Posh Sudoku" from Barnes & Nobles. They are smaller books and I take one with me often. Anytime I am waiting for something, I open it and begin a puzzle.

I do play Freecell on the computer. Almost every game is winnable. I have not encountered any that aren't, but there are supposed to be a couple of possibilities that you cannot win.

One of my friends loves Kingdom Hearts (she plays it on her phone.) I also had Candy Crush on my old phone, haven't re-downloaded it, but that is good for killing time.

Watching TED talks on Youtube... (usually one of the talks will get me interested in something I ran down that rabbit hole)

Check out "Wait, but why" - https://waitbutwhy.com/

Or "This is why I'm broke" - https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

Board games are fun, but you need people to play. Quelf (make the rule no pics or videos are allowed!) is a LOT of fun. Apples to Apples (I have the Big Bang Theory party game, which is very similar). 3 or 4 person chess (I do not have the 3 person one, but I do have the 4 person version... there are gaps in the rules for that one.)

All great suggestions, thank you!

If you really want to try something new, get a rubiks cube.
Its very addictive. I learnt it a few years ago. Now i can solve it blindfolded and now working to solve it with one hand with a blindfold.

MissLonely79 said:
Well, I need something to get addicted to.

Heroin is apparently very addictive. Then there's prescription drugs, especially painkillers. Alcohol. Gambling. Many serial killers will be tell you that's it's hard to stop blood-letting too. Your options are limitless. But you have got to make me happen! No use feeling sorry for yourself. Get out there and live woman!

Eraserhead said:
MissLonely79 said:

Heroin is apparently very addictive. Then there's prescription drugs, especially painkillers. Alcohol. Gambling. Many serial killers will be tell you that's it's hard to stop blood-letting too. Your options are limitless. But you have got to make me happen! No use feeling sorry for yourself. Get out there and live woman!

Seriously ? the hell kind of suggestion is that. :club:

Fitness, can be addicting for many people, go to the gym, learn a martial art, do tai chi.  Hell skateboarding is becoming more and more popular with women.  Learn to paint, play a musical instrument, there are literately limitless opportunities for things to become addicted to

Eraserhead said:
MissLonely79 said:

I think the op was after internet/computer games so it looks like you missed the point.

MissLonely79 said:
Well, I need something to get addicted to. I need an escape. All my old ones have lost my interest a long time ago and have found barely anything that seems fun or interesting since. Anyone have any good game ideas? What is popular right now?

Here in Denmark, we have a site like this one, where you can sign up and play all sorts of games online with other people

http://www.spigo.dk/

- Sudoku, Backgammon, Yatzy, all kinds of cards and dice games.

Maybe you can find a similar site where you live?

Personally, I'm playing a bit less games atm. that I used to do, because I work with computers 3 days of the week and when I get off, I'd just rather do something not computer related during the evenings. Good thing that we are in a Golden Era of great tv-series right now.  :)

Latest posts

Back