Lonely guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabS

Reaction score
Hello. I'm 24, depressed and lonely. I don't know how to deal with both these mind troublemakers.
It's nice to meet you.

Hi fabS welcome to the forum.

I'm 26 and also get depressed and lonely sometimes. Have you tried seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist? They can help. Otherwise just getting out of the house and going for a walk and getting some exercise can help some too.

Anyways again welcome :)

Charles Dickens once wrote No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.  When I focus on my own struggles, they seem only to become exacerbated.  Have you tried taking your mind off of your difficulties by making an intentional effort to help others in some way.  Sometimes doing for others may cause us to look upon our troubles with a different perspective.  Dickens may have been onto something, when he said helping others can cause our own difficulties to lighten.  I once read, Don’t grow weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we don’t give up.   

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness- that was said by Desmond Tutu of South Africa.  Within the hopelessness that you are going through, there is hope. Maybe you looked everywhere for answers and have not found any, in my own state of confusion, and desperation- I felt useless- until I looked up. When I realized how much God loved me, and the hope there is there, in spite of how I felt about myself, I  began to change. The actor Christopher Reeve, said Once you choose hope, Anything is possible. Choose Hope! Someone once wrote that God's phone number appears in the Bible, well it is actually a verse that says: "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Is there someone in your life that you can confide in? Sharing with others helps take the edge off.  You may want to check out Article #1 in this listy. http://bit.ly/2mFxWoz

Latest posts

Back