It wasn't much, but tonight was the best night of my life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt L

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]About a month ago my oneitis got fired from work. Well shortly after I acquired her number and we keep in touch via text, albeit we don't text much. I see her about once a week at most for only a couple minutes when she stops by work to see her mother.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Anyway, this evening she stopped by the store with a girl friend of hers to say hi. She even invited me to go with them to a local [/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]festival. I was able to leave so I went! We met up with her mother and we all sat together and just enjoyed each others company.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I feel great but bummed at the same time. I was mostly just third wheel. Because I have little to no experience socializing, I was mainly just reacting to her and her friend having a good time, not chipping in much with humor and whatnot. Also they're both 17 and I'm 22 and it just hit me how out of touch I am, I feel like an old man. I had to have snapchat explained to me. What's beating away my happiness is the things her friend was telling me. She thinks she's pregnant and was telling me in detail how her and her boyfriend have sex. This girl is 16 and is having sex and I'm 22 and this is my first time ever mildly socializing with girls. It depresses me because my oneitis is the same age as her and I worried about her before but now I'm stressing. Now I'm imagining her going through the same drama as her friend. After about 40 minutes being at the festival we parted because they were going to meet up with some of their friends and thought it best I not come along considering [oneitis'] crush is gonna be there. [/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm trying to fight back my woes and just cherish having been with two fun girls for an evening. Cherish having had a brief glimpse of what life is, what I've been missing out for the past 22 years. Knowing my luck I doubt something like this will happen again. If it does, I can already feel the friendzone enveloping me.[/font]

Good for you.

I'm twenty years older than you and I know what Snap Chat is. You're only 22 so you are not old to be out of touch. Seems like you're just not that caught up in the whole social media thing which may be a good thing.

16, 17 year old shouldn't be sexually active. It's sad that society seems to be numb to the fact that there's so many mid-teen pregnancies. And even younger teen pregnancies, which is even worse. At 22, I don't think it's appropriate you're even entertaining the idea of teenagers being sexually active by trying to just about compare your sex life with a teenager.

This is why I don't bother with Snapchat, and only use Instagram to look at food and nail polish.

I think OP refers to look desirable for having sex, not about the dangers of the lack of sex education. Sex is like THE coming of age moment of your youth. There's a clear difference between the people who are having sex and those who aren't, there are mental and genetic differences that put others in another level, parallel to the similarities that can exist prior to that. The issue is not that one should care that others are having sex before, but to know why they are and what they do differently to achieve it.

Matt, it's a good start and a good sign. She came in and invited you out and you went. Her age is a concern (is she 16 or 17? Was it the friend having sex and think she's pregnant or was the friend tell you that your "one" was having sex and thinks she is pregnant.)

Regardless, group dates, are safer ways to get practice in dating. When I was in highschool/college, I went on group dates frequently. Typically the girl I was with was just a friend. It doesn't mean you can't have fun.

Don't think badly about Snapchat. There are a lot of apps out there and most of them aren't really needed for anything. I had snapchat for a very short time before I determined it was useless for me.

And don't worry about sex. You have plenty of time for that. I have read that most relationships stop growing closer when you have sex. Sex becomes the new focus.

It’s inappropriate for a guy your age to be involved in that kind of conversation. What’s going on with her is likely to ruin her life. It’s nothing to envy. As far as I know, a sizeable portion, if not a majority of 18 year olds aren’t sexually active yet, which is probably good thing.

Latest posts

Back