Things in the past that you have regret?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
So this thread is for everyone who want to share things about themselves they are not proud off or that they wish that things went differently.

So I'll start off first...

I have been known to be almost non-existence to the female population, that is until 9th grade. I decided I want to help other people and decided to join a peer support groups. It had a nice atmosphere to it, however after a few week into it, I didn't connect with anyone. Some of these high school kids were so rotten I wonder why they are in a volunteer group on helping people? Anyway one day the teacher told us to do small group project. It was then that I realize that this girl sitting across from me has some sort of bond. It was like we had chemistry, we like the same thing, and we both enjoy helping other people. Well after a few more session, we became friends, and all her friends also become my friends except little did they no I have no friends. So despite my cool approach every after school hours, I never hang out with her at lunch or any other time. It was halfway through the years when a few of her friends ask me "Chris, why haven't you ask her out already"? I was shock at first, and then I realize she was into me. I mean there were sign pointing that she like me, but yet at the same time I couldn't let her know I had no friends. Maybe I had too much prides or fear of what she would think of me.

Well it been years now, and I realize how foolish and dumb I was back then. The chance to have a girlfriend who was consider my many to be the prettiest Asian/Hispanic mix girl in the whole school. Now I realize girls don't care if you don't have friends or not, at least you treat them right, but most importantly, if you don't have any friends, they get to have you all by themselves. I learn that now, fear took a hold of me back then, and that is something I regret.

Now I guess I can gain some positive experience back, knowing that as a outcast for most of my school years, I could still manage to have a girlfriend, which only mean if I wasn't an outcast, I *might* have many girlfriends, and it sure doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Thanks for reading.

Feel free to share your.

Not finding something I was truly passionate about doing.

I used to be into exploring creative things when I was younger, but was discouraged from pursing it. And this was even after winning a few awards in school. I recently tried to express myself in that way again, but now I just feel completely drained of anything creative. In its place I've only found anger and sadness.

Gosh... my not so proud moments in my life or wish things could have been different.
Things that I had controlled over ? Let me pick pull some out of the barrel.

I didn't complete college. After I stopped attending school, it was very difficult
to attend again. Work schedules, responsibilties of raising a family always got in
the way. I tried attending again... it took everything out of me.

Girls ?? mmm...I should had picked the nurse instead of the social worker.
The social worker tired to fixed me....she picked my god **** brains.
I belive the nurse would had healed me.lol They were both blondes and had the same name.
Maybe I'll pick a brunett or a red head the next time. Maybe some biker chick or a hooker.lmao

Life is way too short for regret!!!! I dont regret anything, everything has lead me to the person I am today, and I wouldnt want to change that. I mean there is alot of decisions in life i could have made better, but who cares.

I'm with Porman on this one

I have no regrets, just hundreds of learning curves lol
I refuse to let my past get me down (ok so it does occasionally but it's momentary)
You cannot guess what could have happened, it probably wouldn't have turned out better

Keep moving forward, however difficult the obstacles

Lonesome Crow said:
Gosh... my not so proud moments in my life or wish things could have been different.
Things that I had controlled over ? Let me pick pull some out of the barrel.

I didn't complete college. After I stopped attending school, it was very difficult
to attend again. Work schedules, responsibilties of raising a family always got in
the way. I tried attending again... it took everything out of me.

Girls ?? mmm...I should had picked the nurse instead of the social worker.
The social worker tired to fixed me....she picked my god **** brains.
I belive the nurse would had healed me.lol They were both blondes and had the same name.
Maybe I'll pick a brunett or a red head the next time. Maybe some biker chick or a hooker.lmao

lol, Next time pick the nurse :)

I have no regrets. The only things I would change is things I would had changed if I could when they where happening. I could not change them things then other wise I would had done. I have no regrets on things I could had changed.

Better to regret the things you have done then the things you have not done. That little saying is down in my MSN profile as my favorite saying and has been since I had an MSN account over 2 and a half years ago. just saying :)

Sure, there are many things in the past that I regret doing, but I'm not going to dwell on them, I just try nowadays to be postitive, and if I do make a wrong decision, I just try to move on and try better next time.

when i've done dumb things in the past i admit I'm such an idiot, but I'm still alive and I'm fine now, so i try not to let it kill me and just look at it as a little kid sticking their finger in an electrical socket and laugh it off

Plenty - all regarding my ex wife and my children.

I could have done so much more for them, and maybe I wouldn't be in the crappy situation I'm in now.

Wow! There are sooo many,I wouldnt know where to begin! The only difference is that I call them learning experiences now,because I realise I wouldnt be who I am today if I hadnt gone thru all that! And I finally like who I am today! lol:)

There is blood on my hands because I just brutally murdered a bug. Just another sign that my presence brings about nothing but a dark soulless shadow. This is not a needlessly morbid exaggeration at all.

There is just so much I would do over if I could, the list is long. Me and a friend talked about wishing we could go back knowing what we know no and getting a fresh start again. It would be a dream come true to have a option for a restart button for your life.

MisunderstoodVacancy said:
There is blood on my hands because I just brutally murdered a bug. Just another sign that my presence brings about nothing but a dark soulless shadow. This is not a needlessly morbid exaggeration at all.

I don't know if this was meant seriously or not, but I really do have regret for killing any insects, arachnids, or other such creatures. Nowadays, (unless it is a nuisance such as mosquitoes, flies, or anything with a potentially poisonous sting) whenever there is something like that in the house, I try to catch it and release it outside.

TheSkaFish said:
MisunderstoodVacancy said:

I don't know if this was meant seriously or not, but I really do have regret for killing any insects, arachnids, or other such creatures. Nowadays, (unless it is a nuisance such as mosquitoes, flies, or anything with a potentially poisonous sting) whenever there is something like that in the house, I try to catch it and release it outside.

It was sort of kind of half jokingly but I do kind of regret it in the sense that most of the time te bugs weren't actually doing anything wrong other than existing and killing them really is kind of unnecessary. It's sort of uncomfortable to think this entire action is driven mostly by some needless ick factor.

Latest posts

Back