Just another lonely soul

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wuku

Reaction score
Life not going well. I have always suffered with mental health problems, and now psychical problems too.

In the last few years I have lost my house, my job, and my girlfriend. I now find myself living in a small rented depressing studio flat. I’m lonely and bored and unhappy. 

I’m lucky enough to have an amazing daughter who I see every 2-3 weeks, but that is the only face to face interaction I have with anyone. I get a call from my mother every 2 weeks, any other interaction with anyone is via the occasional text message. 

I’m Feeling really isolated and depressed. I have nothing to do and no one to do anything with, and don’t get out of the house. I so often want to reach out to anyone. But I can’t keep bothering the few friends and family I have with my problems, and I don’t want to be a burden.

Just feel panicky all the time, and suffer with depression, anxiety and OCD, which eventually took its toll and lost me my job of 27 years.

I can’t stand how long the days are alone. I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this, and with my health, even if I can. I don’t feel I’m going anywhere in life. I feel weak and ashamed of myself, I try to put on a brave face, but I certainly don’t feel that way. The worst thing is the utter dread, emptiness, boredom and loneliness I feel as I face and try to get through each day, ad infinitum. 

I have always been ok on my own, and would describe myself as an introvert, but now I don’t want to be alone any more. I know there are people in worse situations, so feel that my feelings and situation aren’t as important, but I can’t help feeling so low and unhappy.

Hope I don’t bring anyone down, sorry.

I understand your problems, woku
I also suffer from depression and know it can be hard to deal with sometimes
I don't know much to say about your situation, as I have never gone through it, but I think you must be stronger than you think you are to go through that
I hope you're still ok and I want to offer you a listening ear, woku

Sorry to hear things are so rough for you, and you're struggling so much,

You've taken a great step coming here, I hope you find it a good place to connect with others.

Hey ,"bear hug "to you
And sorry to hear that.
don't worth you're not alone anymore ,people are here very friendly ,hope you will feel better here.:)
btw welcome to this forum :)

Thank you for your warm welcome and kind words, they are very much appreciated!

My ex always used to say how she thought I was strong to get up every morning and hold down a job for so long with my mental health problems. I’m not so sure I’ve ever been strong though, I just worked hard to keep things hidden, and appear as normal as possible. I’ve certainly fallen a long way from where I was, in almost every way. Just wish I could see a way out of this.

Charles Dickens once wrote No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.  When I focus on my own struggles said:
I once read, Don’t grow weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we don’t give up. Maybe you looked everywhere for answers and have not found any, in my own state of confusion, and desperation- I felt useless and hopeless- until I looked up.  When I realized how much God loved me, I found hope, in spite of how I felt about myself, things began to change.  The actor Christopher Reeve, said Once you choose hope, Anything is possible.  
Choose Hope!  I don’t know if you have a faith system, but when I this Bible verse, it causes me to have great hope:  Call to Me and I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know.  

I know you're in a dark, painful place at the moment.

But I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that your daughter has been blessed with a father who loves her.

Thank you for Your kind words and thoughts blessedby4 and erasercrumbs. My daughter is the most important part of my life.

Latest posts

Back