Has anybody ever gotten a Chromebook? What are they like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My niece has one. She really likes it and can do most things on it. I researched them a little for my kid and from what I saw, I don't think you can get things like Microsoft word on them yet, so really it just depends on what you want to do with it.

TheRealCallie said:
My niece has one.  She really likes it and can do most things on it.  I researched them a little for my kid and from what I saw, I don't think you can get things like Microsoft word on them yet, so really it just depends on what you want to do with it.

Huh. I heard you could get Microsoft Word on it. I also heard some free wordprocessing apps can convert your file to .docx format if you want. 

I'll have to research this more.

Ok I just Googled it and you can get something called Office Online from Microsoft to get Word, Powerpoint and Excel. It is available in the Chrome Store.

Yeah, when I researched them, they didn't have anything yet, but said they were working on it. Or maybe it was something else he would have needed for school, I don't remember. I just know there was something that he would need that they didn't have, so I went with a regular laptop.

Latest posts

Back