Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anybody ever gotten a Chromebook? What are they like?
Can you access apps on them? What do you think of rhe OS?
My niece has one. She really likes it and can do most things on it. I researched them a little for my kid and from what I saw, I don't think you can get things like Microsoft word on them yet, so really it just depends on what you want to do with it.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

[Image: 3b93b58015913ae344b9de645b2d2b2f.jpg]
(10-20-2017, 12:38 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: My niece has one.  She really likes it and can do most things on it.  I researched them a little for my kid and from what I saw, I don't think you can get things like Microsoft word on them yet, so really it just depends on what you want to do with it.

Huh. I heard you could get Microsoft Word on it. I also heard some free wordprocessing apps can convert your file to .docx format if you want. 

I'll have to research this more.

Ok I just Googled it and you can get something called Office Online from Microsoft to get Word, Powerpoint and Excel. It is available in the Chrome Store.
Yeah, when I researched them, they didn't have anything yet, but said they were working on it. Or maybe it was something else he would have needed for school, I don't remember. I just know there was something that he would need that they didn't have, so I went with a regular laptop.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

[Image: 3b93b58015913ae344b9de645b2d2b2f.jpg]
I prefer a matte finish myself... badum tss!
I would go with an Android-based tablet. That's just me, I don't use laptops at all, bad experiences with them. Just cogwheel performance.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/chromebook-vs-tablet

There's a link above to compare, though I can't guarantee their neutrality in the article.