5 years of loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluckylou

Reaction score
Hi I'm Benny 5 years ago I lost my family my job and was diagnose with thyroid cancer my wife left me because she couldn't handle me being sick but come to find out that she left me for another man I live with my 31 year daughter and I always alone I have no friends and feel so lonely sometimes it becomes depressing I need a friend

Oh man, that sounds like an incredibly harsh turn of events. You're incredibly strong to endure.

How is your daughter holding up?

Could you go to cancer support groups or something? You could meet people that way. They probably have some online cancer groups, as well. Are you in remission or are you still battling the cancer?

I'm sorry for what you are going through is very hard to overcome such a condition by ourselves. But you say your daughter lives with you, so it sounds like she supports you and doesn't want to leave you alone. Why you don't talk to her about your fears? I'm prey sure she will like to help you in any way she possible can. Spend time with her, go out two or three times per week to do something you both love. Don't be afraid to rely on her. This is her time now to take care of you.

Have you though about talking with your doctor? Maybe he knows of a group you can join to? Maybe they are also forums online?. You have us too the people in here, if you need to rant or just say something do it, we will be supportive of you. I wish you the best and I will like to know more of how you are doing in the future time. Just let us know how you feel.

How are you doing cancer-wise?  I am so sorry to read about your predicament, thank God you had someone to fall back on and your strength of character is an amazing encouragement!  Thank you for sharing and reaching out.  You didn’t mention your cancer being active, maybe you could find a support group particular to your situation, do you attend church, there’s always things to get involved in there and definitely support from the pastor…my wife having an emotional affair [EA] 10 years ago pales in comparison, but I wish I had turned to my pastor for spiritual guidance, I could have saved myself so many setbacks…I believe.

I think you should get some professional help, find a doctor you like and try it out, mental health is so overlooked and stigmatized its absurd.  There’s nothing wrong with it, I got therapy after several incidents on the job (I’m a retired police officer) and after my wife’s EA.  Group therapy was the best, it’s comforting to know there are people who are thriving under the same conditions and people who are familiar with my pain.  I found these resources for you, I think you should explore them and take care of yourself, you’ve been given a second chance, you’re still alive, go do all the things or be the person you’ve always wanted to be or reinvent yourself!  http://bit.ly/2vvgRlX & http://bit.ly/2mFxWoz.  Don’t give up, take care of your daughter too, and keep reaching out!

Latest posts

Back